NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Back to Work (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/43464-back-to-work.html)

freeinhou 04-13-2008 01:21 PM

Back to Work

Well, I guess all things must pass...

I'm going back to work tomorrow. 3 weeks sooner than expected. Doctor says it's ok if I'm not hurting too bad.

The surgery was 4 weeks ago tomorrow. It's amazing the stuff that gets gorked up when they move everything in your belly around to get to your main arteries. I'm still rejecting some foods. Most recently - last Friday's pizza. Tasted great at 8 pm. Tasted lousy coming back out 3 hours later...

All in all - Bypassing the abdominal aortic artery and the left and right common illiac arteries is not as bad as having an ascending aortic dissection repaired. I really hope I'm done with the plumbing repairs now...

Tom

AfterMyNap 04-13-2008 01:24 PM

Yay! Good for you, Tom. We need you back in the saddle shooting people into space. Thanks for the update and do keep us posted, okay? :)

Hey, Tom, question for you. During the Endeavor landing, one of the guys said "I have the jail key". What is the "jail key"?????

Kitty 04-13-2008 01:29 PM

Hey Tom....I'm so glad you're well enough to return to work. :) Take your time getting back into the swing of things - and don't over do it. Get plenty of rest.

OK, sorry....exiting "mother mode". :o

soxmom 04-13-2008 02:04 PM

Im glad you are doing so well Tom.:) Good luck.

Sox

Blessings2You 04-13-2008 02:29 PM

WHEW! Now I can stop worrying about that junk falling out of the sky. Glad you're back on the job, Tom! Houston, we don't have a problem anymore.

Twinkletoes 04-13-2008 02:37 PM

Tom, it's so good to see your smiling face around here again!!! Missed you lots!

Yeah, what AMN said: what's the "jail key?" :o

weegot5kiz 04-13-2008 03:02 PM

Glad to hear you are on your feet sooner than planned Tom, just be careful, still, dont over do it.:)

DM 04-13-2008 07:42 PM

Our Space Cowboy is mending~ and goin back to work!! Glad to hear your'e feeling up to snuff, Tom. I'd take it a lil easy for a bit though.

No riding on rockets for a few days. :D

CayoKay 04-13-2008 07:52 PM

lol, Tom, you sound like me.

after surgery, I went back to work three weeks before I was supposed to!

mostly because I liked to keep my mind active, plus, I could just PICTURE all the work piling up that nobody else could (or would) do.

*shudder*

everyone above is right, though.

take it nice and slow and easy... and try not to over-do it, okay?

Chris 04-13-2008 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfterMyNap (Post 257694)
What is the "jail key"?????

That is what we refer to as the front entry key to our home, why?:confused: Is that why you have refused my invitations to come visit?:p

Best of luck to you, Tom. I'm glad everything worked out for you, and hope this will be the last of surgery for you forever.:)