NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Dizziness - Drunkeness (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/43921-dizziness-drunkeness.html)

yeahbut 04-19-2008 07:51 PM

Dizziness - Drunkeness

I am so dizzy - kind of like drunkeness feeling.... haven't had anything to drink though. And tired.... I am so tired.....

Victor H 04-19-2008 08:09 PM

I am so sorry that you are not feeling well.

-Vic

AfterMyNap 04-19-2008 08:25 PM

Oh yuck! I hate that feeling. Do you have any meclazine or Dramamine/Bonine... stuff? If you can take it, and the blue pill and try to sleep it off, it might let up by morning.

Sometimes I have to sleep in my recliner with my head wedged in one place or there will be no sleep. If you're having vertigo in the dark, make sure there is a clock radio or some small source of light to focus your eyes on. It will help you "hold still".

I soooo feel for you, it's horrible. :hug:

sheena 04-19-2008 08:37 PM

Me too in the past few mo. - if u are like me it will pass - go to bed, sleep or just go to bed and watch tv. Get away from it all. If u can even sleep just 1-2 hours I think you will feel better. My DX is not far from yours. We are new at this. I think you are scared and just don't know it. Sleep my friend all will be dif. when u awake .

Erin524 04-19-2008 08:42 PM

I think that the vertigo is the worst symptom that I've had so far. My regular doctor gave me steroids (oral prednisone) last summer. Havent had the vertigo much since then.

You might want to check with your neuro. Maybe your 8th cranial nerve is acting up.

Out of all the symptoms that I've had, vertigo is the one symptom that I've literally begged for steroids to make it go away. Altho, my regular doctor spent a lot of time trying to figure out if I had BPPV (Benign Paroxysmal Positioning Vertigo) before he would get his prescription pad and write me the 'scrip for the 'roids.

I actually had two vertigo attacks hit me while I was at his office. The second one is what got him to get out the prescription pad. (finally!)

I'd been having vertigo attacks for years before I found out about the MS, that I had thought were ear infections. I'd get vertigo 3 or 4 (or more) times a year. Now I've only had a couple of mini-attacks of vertigo, usually when I have a cold or if I get up too fast.

I really hate vertigo. Except for burning/freezing/invisible-thumbtack-filled-boot sensations in my feet, vertigo is my most hated symptom so far.

DM 04-19-2008 09:06 PM

Sorry to hear that my lil Yabbit friend. Try and get some rest and hopefully you'll feel better tomorrow.

Been thinking about ya! :hug::hug::hug::hug:

Riverwild 04-19-2008 10:29 PM

Ahhh Yabbity One!

That was one of my worst ongoing complaints. The only thing that ever helped was steroids and sleep, often together! It would happen in stores, at work, when I was driving, when I tried to concentrate on anything that required brain cells to work!

You are going through a lot right now and that only makes it worse. You need to learn how to grab every shuteye opportunity possible, even if it's only 15 minutes!! Honest to god it helps, and it's truly the only way to cope with it. You also may need a course of steroids.

My silly younger bother ( and yes I spelled that right!) told me to either GET some rest or take it as a cheap high! It was the only time he has made sense in years!!!:eek: I did both...

Kitty 04-20-2008 04:43 AM

YB, I'm so sorry you're having this crappy symptom....it's the worst. :hug: I don't get vertigo often but when I do I'm down for the count. Liike everyone else has suggested sleep is the best medicine. I never took steroids for my vertigo - and I'm sure if I had I wouldn't have been able to sleep. Maybe your doctor can prescribe something that will help you sleep during this episode.

I hope by today you're feeling better and the symptoms have subsided. :hug:

AfterMyNap 04-20-2008 08:23 AM

Any better today, my little lambchop?

yeahbut 04-20-2008 09:10 AM

Thanks Everyone!

Not as bad as last night, still dizzy and blurry eyed but my right side of my face, tongue, arm, hand, down to my toes are full of numbness this morning - actually woke up about 3:30 with it. I thought maybe it was cause I was sleeping on that side but it hasn't gone away. I had this the first of March also but seemed to go away. My eyes are very blurry with some double vision this morning also.

I woke up this morning saying to myself "oh crap here I go again"

RW - David said the same thing as your "bother" said last night plus he added, hope you don't get the bed spins too!

Thanks again everyone - going to get me some of that medicine today Cindy and yes, I will call the neuro first thing in the morning!