NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Security Disability (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/)
-   -   What happens if I loose my SSD case in court? (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/44207-happens-loose-ssd-court.html)

Brokenfriend 04-23-2008 10:16 PM

What happens if I loose my SSD case in court?

I've been worried. What if I loose my case in court? My immediate family(Sister) says she is not going to support me. My doctor says I will probably get SSD in time. I have a lawyer who say's we have a case.

What if I some how don't win my case,and I'm almost out of money. What could I possibly do if that happens? I am so worried. I've been emotionally upset for years,since I was about 13 years old. I've had many doctors. I'm on medications.

I have enjoyed work,and It's fulfilling,and life to me,but now I'm down again. I've had panic attacks,chronic anxiety,pain in my chest from anxiety that goes under my left ribs,and to the left part of my back,and OCD. I may be bipolar. That is a relatively new subject that I've only heard about for 5 years. Some people on this site think that I'm bipolar two.

I'm 55,and been struggling since I was about 13. I was denied SSD my first two requests. Now I have to go to a hearing,with a lawyer. This frightens me. My Dad is to old to help me now. He has helped me all of my life. He is now going blind,and living in a assisted living home. My sister doesn't like me,and she called me resently,and said that she isn't going to support me. What happens if I loose my case? I am very upset,and worried about this. The hearing may not be until next year. It's possible that it will be in December. My Trust Fund is going to be depleted before December. Why are they delaying it,knowing that I can't afford to wait?

I have been publically silent,and have been embarrassed about having this condition. Now I have no choice but to ask,and try to find help. I have gone to Social Services,and I haven't heard from them yet. This scares me. I don't know where I can turn if the system fails me. I dread this. I am being honest. Brokenfriend

Abbie 04-23-2008 10:51 PM

I don't know what happens if you lose your case... your lawyer should be able to answer any questions you may have... I'm pretty sure you can appeal.

As far as waiting... I've been waiting for a hearing for over a year.... so you are not alone and the wait is nothing personal...it's due to a system overload.

Best wishes,
Abbie

Koala77 04-23-2008 10:55 PM

Brokenfriend, I can imagine the anguish you're going through. I'm sorry that I can't help out with this because I live in another country, so our rules are different to your rules.

All I can say is don't give up hope. These people are there to help people just like you and me. They're not out to deny us what's our rightful entitlement.

I was lucky in that I got awarded my pension, and there are thousands of other people every month that also get approved Brokenfriend.

Please keep an open mind. As Abbie said, you're not alone Brokenfriend. We're all on your side. :hug:

SandyC 04-23-2008 10:59 PM

I don't have the answers but am facing the same situation with my mother. I don't know what she will do with no insurance. Let's pray together.

HeyJoe 04-23-2008 11:40 PM

maybe something in here can help you

http://www.patientadvocate.org/

Brokenfriend 04-23-2008 11:43 PM

Thank you Abbie,Koala77,and SandyC. SandyC,that angelic picture is nice. There have to be angels out there. I agree. Lets pray. God can open doors. I guess that the reason for us suffering goes back to the Garden of Eden. People forget that. That's why bad things happen,and God doesn't strike down innocent people with lightening. My faith is flickering a little bit right now,but it hasn't gone out. I hope that all of us here receive help from SSD. Brokenfriend

Brokenfriend 04-23-2008 11:45 PM

Thank you HeyJoe.