NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Spinal Disorders & Back Pain (https://www.neurotalk.org/spinal-disorders-and-back-pain/)
-   -   We got a new name!! (https://www.neurotalk.org/spinal-disorders-and-back-pain/44236-name.html)

Curious 04-24-2008 10:05 AM

We got a new name!!

since there was some confusion and people not sure if this wwas the place to post...we got a name change. :D

i fit right in now.

so how do you like it? think we can build this forum up now?

Bobbi 04-24-2008 10:07 AM

Yeah, no mistaking it now :D.

Curious 04-24-2008 10:15 AM

:hug: hi bobbi

i know with my back problem, it causes spinal cord problems, but i still felt funky about posting here. so you think you can hang with me now? :D sure have missed you. :hug:

Bobbi 04-24-2008 10:22 AM

I think you could've been "hanging" around here/this forum all-the-while. Spinal disorders covers a broad range of conditions ;).

Not to be overly nit-picky or anything, since this has been broached in the past :o: I still lean toward thinking of spinal disorders different from spinal cord injuries; on a scale of 1-10, injuries would be the more serious and severe (and encompassing a lot, such as cathing, UTIs, PCAs, caregivers, etc.) Neuro. v. Ortho.

:grouphug:

Curious 04-24-2008 10:27 AM

sub forum?

maybe do a poll here?

i'm open.

i have the ostrich syndrome where my back in concerned. i ignore it until i can't move or feel my legs. :eek:

tovaxin_lab_rat 04-24-2008 10:42 AM

I think a poll is a good idea Yappy! If the members/or us mods can come up with ideas, let's post 'em here and then see where it goes from there!

Cool beans! ;) (no that's not an idea)...:D

Chemar 04-24-2008 11:04 AM

:o
I sem to recall we started out with a subforum and that caused even more confusion, hence the "all together" format we have now......

but

we sure know our Doc is always open to suggestions:D

Bobbi 04-24-2008 12:05 PM

There are probably several people, here (posting and/or lurking), Curious, who also go through stages of the "ostrich syndrome" at times, or wish that it were possible full-time.

Spinal injury, disease, disorder (a garden variety of conditions) can be way overwhelming. Some times, I know that I'd much prefer to "forget" it's all ever-present. That'd sure make life much more pleasant.

Please be careful, though. Sometimes, and depending on the prob., prolonging attention and treatment, things can lead to permanent loss of feeling/function. Too, there are other things that require immediate attention, such as C.E. (or, cauda equina).

This is just a thought: Spinal Cord Injury, Spine Disorders & Back Pain?

froglady 04-24-2008 07:22 PM

I agree with Bobbie, please don't anyone wait too long . I was not far from a wheelchair, wearing diapers, with someone feeding me when the NS operated on my C-spine. Glad he did!!! It was either surgery or the consequences. Was operated on 7 days later. Gaye