NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Flooding in Maine - RW (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/44628-flooding-maine-rw.html)

yeahbut 04-30-2008 06:17 AM

Flooding in Maine - RW

Where is Riverwild? Are you ok?

Riverwild 04-30-2008 06:37 AM

I'm heah ! We are fine here, just a lil wetter than usual.

The streams are all up and there was some minor road flooding, my yard is ponding but it's not bad, and drying up as we speak. I saw a few of the small creeks raging on my way home this morning!

We'll have to hold the flushing to only major needs for a day or two:p

Everything ok up your way?

Girlie Girl 04-30-2008 07:02 AM

Glad you are ok River!

Quote:

We'll have to hold the flushing to only major needs for a day or two:p
That reminds me of Meet the Parents! Just watched that the other night.

Hope all is well with you :wink:

Kitty 04-30-2008 07:21 AM

Glad you're OK, RW!

What in the heck is happening with our weather??? Droughts, floods, tornados, earthquakes......sounding familiar to anyone? :( Seems like I read about this someplace.....

DM 04-30-2008 07:47 AM

*hugging RW's leg* Your'e OK!!! Hey, that's all the farther I can reach!!!:D Keep dry my friend. The Mississippi crested early this am, but she's flooded some areas of river towns. I know what you mean by soggy ground; the farmers can't even think about getting in the fields here, plus more rain on the way.

take care RW!!! :grouphug:

FlyFishin Momma 04-30-2008 09:07 AM

Oh Man I can relate to ya'll.....we finally dried out last week.....then we got freezing temps 2 nights in a row.....very different then last year.....we had droughts...
This year floods.

I did manage to get my garden in these last 2 days....(THANK GOD)
Now I only pray for small rains, not pouring floods or my squash and watermeleons will be growing down the hill by the highway......

Everything is so beautiful thought. So clean and green.....
I LOVE THE FRESH NEW LOOK OF SPRING.............

Kitty....many are talkin bout that very subject!!!!!

KarenMarie 04-30-2008 10:16 AM

Somehow I don't agree with Al Gore - I know many fully believe in global warming but I am much more confident in the scientists who say this is a weather cycle that repeats itself over and over - the air and ocean currents move and our weather moves with them - I do remember when everyone was worried that another ice age was on it's way -

weegot5kiz 04-30-2008 12:20 PM

Glad you are ok River

you are right KM there is a pattern and it does repeat itself, just not sure if its repeating at same time as other issues are coming about or you know bad timing type of thing or egads time to find a cave, oga oga chuga chuga(yes with those 4 words of gibberish i put a song in my head for the rest of the day)

but as for an ice age it doesnt take that much first global warming, ice on the land melts raises the water levels which in turn cools planet, a few summers without summer and we get to go sleding all year, at least thats how it was told to me years ago in college, although things have changed, so who knows, half of what we learned in science is out dated or oops wrong oh:eek:

Kitty 04-30-2008 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarenMarie (Post 269785)
Somehow I don't agree with Al Gore - I know many fully believe in global warming but I am much more confident in the scientists who say this is a weather cycle that repeats itself over and over - the air and ocean currents move and our weather moves with them - I do remember when everyone was worried that another ice age was on it's way -

It wasn't Al Gore that I was referring to...........

Twinkletoes 04-30-2008 12:31 PM

YeahBut, what the heck you worried about? We ARE talking about RiverWild, aren't we? What's a little flooding to a river runner? :p

RW, you got your boat ready, just in case, right?