NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Coping with Grief & Loss (https://www.neurotalk.org/coping-with-grief-and-loss/)
-   -   Grandma (https://www.neurotalk.org/coping-with-grief-and-loss/44684-grandma.html)

Manda 04-30-2008 05:33 PM

Grandma

Hi
I am missing my grandma so much and I need help ever since her death i get upset realy easy or if i hear cancer or died i cry . She died in Augest before school started. I need help but i just cant stop thinking about her or stop crying when i hear cancer or died.:(:(:(

dorrie 04-30-2008 10:36 PM

Oh Manda.......I am so so sorry about the loss of your Grandma! I cannot say that I know how you feel because I do not know. I have both of my Grandmas still....one is 88, the other, 89! One has breast cancer...the other alshiemers.
I am guessing that you are fairly young as you said she passed away just before school started. I bet you were very close to your Grandma too!!
I know that when things create emotional upsets in me I allow myself to feel what I am feeling. If I am sad...I know why I am sad and thats OK.
I have a feeling you will never stop thinking about your dear Grandma...I am sure that over time you will start to feel better and that hearing things that trigger your pain will not seem so glaring as they do now.
Do you have photo albums or scrapbooks to look at. I would pull them out and deliberately set some time aside each day or maybe every morning and evening to look at them....to remember and yes...to cry too. I would continue allowing yourself time for that for as long as you need.
I am sure that your Grandma was a lovely person who woud be proud of you for reaching out for help when you are so deeply hurting!! That is probably a step in the right direction itself!!
I like to think that my Grampa, his Auntie and his sister in law are all in Heaven making it an even more awesome place!! I often picture them, Grampa and Aunt Pearl playing cards while he smokes a cigar and my Aunt Mary is bringing them very strong tea and cookies that she baked!!!!!
These are memories that make my heart smile!
Keep posting here! I am sure that you will connect with others that have been thru the same as you and can help you through this....Take Care, Manda and God Bless you sweetie!!:hug::hug::hug::hug:

Friend2U 04-30-2008 10:41 PM

Bless you heart,

Grandmas are SO very special. I am sorry for your loss. Try to think about all the good memories. She will be in your heart forever.:hug: I still miss my grandma and it has been many years. I learned a lot from her, and those things never leave me.

"A grandma puts things in your heart that the word can never erase."

You are in my prayers. Take care. Everyone here loves you. :grouphug:

Koala77 04-30-2008 10:50 PM

Hi again Manda. I said hello to you in the introductions thread, but I wanted to come on here and give you another big hug.

I've lost both my grandmas and my mom and my dad, and although I'm a lot older than you are, the pain was no different for me than the pain that you're going through now. Any difference I guess would be that I had more people around to help me through it than what you do.

We're all here to give you lots of support Manda. I know words cannot undo what's been done or the pain that you've suffered, but remember that when you share your grief, others will try to help you through the best way they know how. Mine is with hugs, and a shoulder to cry on if you should need it.

Hugs again. :grouphug:

Kitty 05-01-2008 10:57 AM

:hug: Manda :hug: It's hard, I know. I've lost several family members and it never gets any easier.....I loved my Grandma (we called her Mimi) and miss her every single day. Have you tried a grief support group? There are many that meet at local churches - or there are online support groups. There is one that helped me immensely when my husband passed away. The address is www.groww.org and they have forums for just about every type of loss. It might help you.

I hope you're feeling better today. It's not unusual for certain situations to trigger the "grief bursts" you're experiencing. Everyone grieves in their own way....there isn't a right or wrong way to do it. It's very individual.

Sending great big hugs your way...........:hug::hug: