NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Caregivers Support (https://www.neurotalk.org/caregivers-support/)
-   -   My worst pain? (https://www.neurotalk.org/caregivers-support/44709-worst-pain.html)

dllfo 05-01-2008 04:45 AM

My worst pain?

I have started to post here so many times, then deleted it.

For those of you who have the incredible ability to give and give, you are wonderful.

My worst pain is seeing pain in my wife's face. She is my caregiver and we love each other beyond words.

Speaking for those in pain, it hurts us to see you hurt and know we are the reason.

God Bless you.

Twinkletoes 05-01-2008 05:12 AM

So happy you and your DW are sweethearts. :inlove:

So sorry either one of you has pain. Hugs to both of you: :circlelove:

I hope you are able to get some sleep tonight. :Zzzz:

SandyC 05-07-2008 12:11 AM

Awww, she sounds like a wonderful wife. I see that look in Jim's eyes when I am not feeling well and when he knows I am worrying about him.

God bless those who have caregivers and love them and appreciate them in return.

tamiloo 05-09-2008 01:14 AM

I am my husband’s caregiver…fulltime…like Sandy…

I am in pain all the time. I do whatever I can to make his days the best I can. He also hates to see the pain I go though to serve him but I tell him serving him is a blessing to me and to not let me assist him takes away from the blessings.

I guess all I can say is to love her and be patient with her. When my honey asks me what he can do for me I, just say…love me and be patient with me….:hug:

Alffe 05-09-2008 03:59 AM

You all are such an inspiration to me..I thank God that you are there for one another. Hugs for the room. :grouphug:

dllfo 05-09-2008 12:04 PM

Been a rough month. and this last week has been the worst.

My wife is trying hard to help me, but I can see by the look on her face she knows how much pain I am in. Nothing we can do.

Nik-key 05-16-2008 04:13 PM

I am so sorry you are in such pain. I am new to this forum so I am sorry I do not know your story, but I wanted to express my concern:hug:

I do know how you feel. I have been disabled since 2000. My husband hurt just as badly as I did. And as you said, it is so hard knowing I was the cause for his pain. I often said the first thing I felt every morning was pain, the second thing,,,, guilt.

My husband now has Alzheimer's disease. I am now his full time care giver.
It is extremely hard, but on bad days, all I have to do is think about how lovingly he use to take care of me...and know that he still would today if he was able.

Having now seen it from both sides, I emplore you to let go of the guilt. I know see why my husband hurt so badly seeing me suffer, just as your wife does. The only reason we hurt, is because we love so much. Allow her to love you, to help you. It is hard, but there has been no greater gift than being able to care for my husband. I am sure your wife feels the same way.
:hug: Nikki