NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Diabetes / Insulin Resistance / Metabolic Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/diabetes-insulin-resistance-metabolic-syndrome/)
-   -   Daily Check-in and Encouragement (https://www.neurotalk.org/diabetes-insulin-resistance-metabolic-syndrome/45123-daily-check-encouragement.html)

watsonsh 05-06-2008 08:25 PM

Daily Check-in and Encouragement

Hi Everyone!

We have some great new ideas for this forum.

*spit-polishing the new forum name*

First off we have a new name!

Its now Diabetes/Insulin Resistance/Metabolic Syndrome. Why the name change? There are common threads between each of these conditions. And the thought is if we broaden out to include them maybe we can increase and apply our learnings to improve our metabolism and impact these chronic conditions before they impact us.

Second is this Daily Check-in and Encouragement Thread. Some of the other forums have used this idea and it is kind of nice to have a ongoing thread that everyone can post how things are going all in a single place.

Let's try using this thread for our everyday hellos, encouragement and touch base posts.

Some other thoughts are to start a sticky section up top, maybe one for recipes as well as one with some of our important posts and links.

dorrie 05-06-2008 09:03 PM

I LOVE IT!!!! I hope this forum is hoppin' in no time!! I had a good diabetes day...feeling much better now that I have smartened up and got back on my meds again....you cannot ignore this disease or it will bite ya in the butt!!!!!

watsonsh 05-06-2008 09:08 PM

Hi Dorrie

Thats great about your meds.

Today I added in a supplement called Metaglycemx to help my sugar and insulin metabolism. I was a little perkier :D

dorrie 05-06-2008 09:39 PM

I am a little bummed about the meds...it appears as if my sugars have changed for the worse and I have doubled up my glyberide...Dr allowed of course....seems that the big jump has helped but I guess I had these visions in my mind of getting of meds and controlling it myself by diet....once again my diabetes was not about to make my life that easy.....I will not give up though....it is warmner and I will be much more active and drop some weight and maybe just maybe I will be able to get off someof the meds....one day at a time though...and thats not gonna happen today!! Have a nice night Shelley!:)

watsonsh 05-06-2008 09:41 PM

Ah Dorrie maybe we can motivate each other. I keep daydreaming about exercise, doing it is another thing :D

Fancylady_2006 05-06-2008 09:53 PM

This has been a nightmare of a day for me, one of the worse I can remember. If I can sleep I will consider myself lucky. My sugar is 116, thats not bad considering the day! have a good night everyone. Thanks, Shelley!
Hugs,
Billie:)

dorrie 05-06-2008 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelley (Post 274300)
Ah Dorrie maybe we can motivate each other. I keep daydreaming about exercise, doing it is another thing :D

HEE HEE:Funny-Post:Exercise!!! OK here I go:Dancing-Chilli:....This is how I would look during exercise!!!!!

And this is after exercise...:thud:

You gals take care and I will reconnect on Saturday....Hubby is going on business till then and he will have the laptop:grouphug:

dorrie 05-06-2008 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fancylady_2006 (Post 274309)
This has been a nightmare of a day for me, one of the worse I can remember. If I can sleep I will consider myself lucky. My sugar is 116, thats not bad considering the day! have a good night everyone. Thanks, Shelley!
Hugs,
Billie:)

:hug:Hugs to you Billie.....remember God is with you always...he loves you very much and will make sure that you are OK.:hug:Luv Dorrie:)

shiney sue 05-06-2008 10:50 PM

OK

i've been over in PN and eyeballing ya all if you don't mind mybe we can
help each other..See you tomorrow,:D:D:D you don't know what your in
for. ha!!! Hugs to all Sue

dorrie 05-07-2008 07:19 AM

Oh it figures!! Just when this forum starts to come alive....I won't have the laptop....

please ladies...keep things going so I have lots to read when hubby gets home on Satuday with the laptop!!

SHELLEY! I am loving the change in this forum already!!!
Welcome aboard Sue!!:)
Have a super week everyone...eat right...take your meds....check your sugars and exercise !!!!!! I should take my own advice:D:D
:grouphug:Hug to all!!!!
PS Billie....keep an eye on those sugars of your...I know when something upsets me mine skyrockets....take Care xoxo