NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Limbo check in 5/7 (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/45158-limbo-check-5-7-a.html)

braingonebad 05-07-2008 09:30 AM

Limbo check in 5/7

Hi everybody.

I didn't see a chck in, so here I am.

Had a rough day yesterday. One of my birds, Goldie, died. As tough as that is for me, my other birds are taking it even harder. Minnie, the lovebird is devestated. And Jake looked really bad. I thought he was going to be the next to go, he looked so rough last night.

He was not secured in his cage when Goldie passed, and got into all kinds of stuff in the room - he has never done that before, but maybe in his grief he wasn't thinking right. People do self-destructive things when someone they love dies, and I suppose birds may, too.

Well, he was bobbing, shaking, not pooping, weak.

I hand fed him about every hour through the day, and he seems to be coming around. I told all of them they needed to take care of themselves and help one another through this.

Minnie still closes her eyes and rocks back and forth - I swear, if you could see her, it looks like she's crying. It's heartbreaking. All night (I couldn't sleep) I could hear her making the saddest sounds, and Jesse calling back "Sweetie, sweetie" as if to comfort her.

hollym 05-07-2008 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by braingonebad (Post 274619)
Hi everybody.

I didn't see a chck in, so here I am.

Had a rough day yesterday. One of my birds, Goldie, died. As tough as that is for me, my other birds are taking it even harder. Minnie, the lovebird is devestated. And Jake looked really bad. I thought he was going to be the next to go, he looked so rough last night.

He was not secured in his cage when Goldie passed, and got into all kinds of stuff in the room - he has never done that before, but maybe in his grief he wasn't thinking right. People do self-destructive things when someone they love dies, and I suppose birds may, too.

Well, he was bobbing, shaking, not pooping, weak.

I hand fed him about every hour through the day, and he seems to be coming around. I told all of them they needed to take care of themselves and help one another through this.

Minnie still closes her eyes and rocks back and forth - I swear, if you could see her, it looks like she's crying. It's heartbreaking. All night (I couldn't sleep) I could hear her making the saddest sounds, and Jesse calling back "Sweetie, sweetie" as if to comfort her.

Oh sis!:hug: I'm so sorry. I know how special your feathered friends are. Which one was Goldie? Was she one of the lovebirds you got from a mutual friend?

Girlie Girl 05-07-2008 09:38 AM

Sorry to hear about your precious biridie! You and the other birdies will be in my thoughts. I know they probably feel the loss as well. :hug:

braingonebad 05-07-2008 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollym (Post 274621)
Oh sis!:hug: I'm so sorry. I know how special your feathered friends are. Which one was Goldie? Was she one of the lovebirds you got from a mutual friend?

No Goldie was Jake's sister, the conure (parrot). Minnie is the lovebird, and Goldie's BFF. Minnie is heartsick, the poor little thing. It was funny how those two were so close because J & G were identicle, and Minnie never liked J, but as soon as she saw G, she adored her, lol. Go figure. And you knew, because they made kisses back and forth and called each other sweetie.

Jan4you 05-07-2008 10:26 AM

OH Brain I am so sorry. How hard it must be for you and your babies. How "tight" they all seem to be. It makes me sad.

I am EXHAUSTED and have a busy busy day. My "meeting with the head honchos" was AWFUL!! No wonder I am drained. I fought and fought for my profesional integrity to have them remove the the less than "competetant" off my record. This supervisor is determined to get me out. The ONLY redeeming thing is that SHE also got in trouble for not doing her job and placing comments on my record that were flimsy and old. BUT she won. They were well prepared and very slick.

It will be ok. I took this as a door slammed, AND I was kicked out but I am standing TALL, with my intergrity intact and my head held high.

ANd.. I have applied to transer job and another job with another hospital.

Thanks for your support. I am sooo very wiped out.
I can hardly move, its raining, cold and a sad day. But I wil survive!!

Jan

hollym 05-07-2008 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan4you (Post 274653)
OH Brain I am so sorry. How hard it must be for you and your babies. How "tight" they all seem to be. It makes me sad.

I am EXHAUSTED and have a busy busy day. My "meeting with the head honchos" was AWFUL!! No wonder I am drained. I fought and fought for my profesional integrity to have them remove the the less than "competetant" off my record. This supervisor is determined to get me out. The ONLY redeeming thing is that SHE also got in trouble for not doing her job and placing comments on my record that were flimsy and old. BUT she won. They were well prepared and very slick.

It will be ok. I took this as a door slammed, AND I was kicked out but I am standing TALL, with my intergrity intact and my head held high.

ANd.. I have applied to transer job and another job with another hospital.

Thanks for your support. I am sooo very wiped out.
I can hardly move, its raining, cold and a sad day. But I wil survive!!

Jan

I'm so sorry about this Jan. I've been following your work drama from afar and I really hoped that you would prevail. Hopefully it will be a blessing in disguise.

Debbie D 05-07-2008 01:58 PM

Brain,
So sorry to hear about Goldie...I hope that your other Little Ones can work through their grief. It's so difficult when one of our pets passes...

Jan,
I am so sorry that you had to go through this. I'm proud of you for going through all of it with your head held high. Good luck on getting a new position. I hope that you get the rest you need after this taxing ordeal.

This is a crazy month. On Mother's Day, my 28 yr old son is moving out to his new apartment. He's getting hitched at the end of the month, so we're busy with showers, planning the rehearsal dinner, etc. And my last child is graduating next week. She's decided to stay up in Cheeseheadland, and already has been offered a teaching position for summer school and for the fall.
We've been installing a pond in the yard, and doing lots of yard work. And now it's time to do the spring cleaning before the wedding.
Lots of changes afoot, which means lots more stress, so of course there's been more pain, spasms, etc. But I'm done chasing a dx, so I'm just taking my meds like I should and trying to rest when I crash. Also eating right, and losing weight, which is so good for the joints, muscles, etc.

Take care, everyone, and have a great week!:D

McGimpy 05-07-2008 07:54 PM

Hi,Brain sorry to hear the sad news,I do hope you feel better soon:hug:

Friend2U 05-07-2008 10:16 PM

:hug: So sorry...Hugs to you :hug:

Shashi 05-08-2008 08:37 AM

Brain, I'm so sorry to hear about your little bird. I know how heartbreaking it is to lose a beloved pet. I almost cried reading your post about how the other birds are reacting. I know it hurts them too.

Hugs,

Lisa