NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Chat (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-chat/)
-   -   economy releif check (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-chat/45680-economy-releif-check.html)

brandonwall 05-14-2008 01:38 PM

economy releif check

Has anyone here received there's yet? I know they were going to do it by the last 2 numbers of your ssn. Mine is 65 and I thought I should have it by now. Anyone get there;s yet?

watsonsh 05-14-2008 08:34 PM

Nope have not seen ours. :(

tovaxin_lab_rat 05-14-2008 09:52 PM

Nope and I don't have my IRS tax refund yet either. :(

Ivy2 05-14-2008 09:57 PM

I got mine direct deposited a couple days ago.

gamgam 05-16-2008 08:55 AM

According to the IRS schedule, we should have had ours by 5/9. We still so not have it. I heard on the news yesterday that many refunds were going into the wrong accounts, etc. That is scary to me. I can only imagine how long its going to take to straighten some of that mess out with it having government involvment.

Today is the last day for direct deposits listed on the IRS website. The paper checks are scheduled to start now. Who knows how and when we will get our money!!

MelodyL 05-16-2008 10:23 AM

I'm confused about this direct deposit thing. If one is on Social Security and gets direct depost, and that person files an income tax return, and gets a check back from the government via the regular mail, then how come some people are getting direct deposits of the new ecomony checks.

I mean, if you get your tax return via regular mail, wouldn't you get this new check thing, the same way?

I've never received any tax refunds via direct deposit. If I was entitled to a tax refund, it came in the regular mail.

Now I'm confused.

Ivy2 05-16-2008 03:07 PM

Melody -You had to have your regular tax refund direct deposited to receive the tax rebate that way according to the government.

MelodyL 05-16-2008 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ivy2 (Post 280517)
Melody -You had to have your regular tax refund direct deposited to receive the tax rebate that way according to the government.

Ah, thanks for the info.

Now how can a person get their income tax refund to go direct deposit?

I never even thought of this.

Thanks much.

Ivy2 05-16-2008 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelodyL (Post 280597)
Ah, thanks for the info.

Now how can a person get their income tax refund to go direct deposit?

I never even thought of this.

Thanks much.

At the end of the tax form there are routing numbers they ask you if you want to fill in - ir's an easier and faster way to get my money and I always do. If you use a tax preparer they won't do it. I don't know why.

MelodyL 05-16-2008 07:17 PM

Ivy:

I can't thank you enough.

Alan and I never even knew this.

You're a gem!!