NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   M S Loves Rumba!!! (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/45919-loves-rumba.html)

SallyC 05-17-2008 01:12 PM

M S Loves Rumba!!!

I received a Robot Rumba sweeper for Christmas, from DD. One thing lead to another and I didn't open it until last week, when my little light sweeper, pooped out.

It was Mother's day, so DD opened it and set it up for me....bless her heart. Well, let me tell you, I never thought I'd love again, but, :holysheep: I'm in Lurve!!!!!

This is the most amazing piece of computerized, automated equipment I have received since My PC!:cool: I just love it love it love it. I named it "legs", in loving memory of the legs, I used to have, pre MS..:D

Legs takes off from it's little base and goes lickity split, from edge to edge, side to side, back and forth and around and around, until the carpet is clean and then it goes back, dutifully :Tip-Hat:, to it's home base to rev up for another trip.:yahoo:

I just wanted to share my exuberance, with you, my Buds..:Excited:

Natalie8 05-17-2008 01:23 PM

We gave one to my DH's mother for Christmas since she can't get around too well. She is in love too!! She calls her rumba Bob. :)

tovaxin_lab_rat 05-17-2008 01:31 PM

You guys are too funny! :hug:

Twinkletoes 05-17-2008 02:46 PM

Wait -- you're sharing your Exuberants? I had some Turbulents once, but would love to try what you've got, Sally.

Are they good with choccy syrup??? :D

Erin524 05-17-2008 03:08 PM

I've wanted to get a Roomba for years. But, I had a 100+ pound dog that loved to chase things down to kill it.

So, we've never gotten a Roomba. I'm now dogless and would really like a Roomba for the basement (where I live) of my parents house.

Are they loud? What's the sucking power of the Roomba? Does the carpeting end up with nice little vacuum lines in the plies of the carpet, kind of like a lawn mower does to grass??

I wonder if they sell remote control ones. I'd have fun playing with a Roomba if they were remote controlled.

braingonebad 05-17-2008 04:25 PM

I've always wanted one of those - and a scooba too, the one that scrubs the floor. I'm glad you tow like yours.

:)

Funny, I pictured myself naming mine too if I ever got one. George. I'd call it George.

SallyC 05-17-2008 07:20 PM

I've been thinking of renaming mine, Sven, BGB...LOL

Yes Erin too all your questions and it is not loud and it does use a remote. You can start and stop and send it back to it's dock at anytime. Oh and Pal loves it, but stays out of it's way...LOL

doydie 05-17-2008 10:41 PM

I bought one and most of my carpet pyle was to thick so I gave it to my daughter. Of course that was way to many years ago and they may have improved on it. I do wish I could see how my cat would react to it.

Friend2U 05-17-2008 11:13 PM

I Wonder....

...if this would be good for my mother. She doesn't get around well...

How often does it run it's course? Is it pretty quiet??

I AM HAPPY FOR YOU!!! CHRISTMAS IN MAY!!! PRETTY NICE!!! :cool2:

SallyC 05-17-2008 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Friend2U (Post 281556)
...if this would be good for my mother. She doesn't get around well...

How often does it run it's course? Is it pretty quiet??

I AM HAPPY FOR YOU!!! CHRISTMAS IN MAY!!! PRETTY NICE!!! :cool2:

Friend, you can set it to run at different times or you can just run it when you wish by pushing the remote "clean" button.

It's not loud at all. My other sweeper scares the dog, but this one doesn't. I think he loves it too...LOL