NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Alcoholism, Addiction and Recovery (https://www.neurotalk.org/alcoholism-addiction-and-recovery/)
-   -   My 8 years is coming up!! (https://www.neurotalk.org/alcoholism-addiction-and-recovery/45982-8-coming.html)

dorrie 05-18-2008 10:26 AM

My 8 years is coming up!!

This last year has flew by! July 30 is my dry date...I was just realizing it is approaching. I have not though much about drinking at all lately....COOL.:cool:
Anyone else have a b-day coming or just wants to say hello or share!! I know there are more than just me....I hope everyone else is doing well!!:)

watsonsh 05-18-2008 11:42 AM

Thats fantastic Dorrie! :hug::hug::hug:

DH and Saffire must be very proud and happy to have you. You are a strong woman. :hug:

dorrie 05-18-2008 08:05 PM

Thanks Shelley!! Yup Hubby is proud....and I of him.....September he will be celebrating 8 years as well! We met in a 12 step meeting!! I always rub it in that "I" have more sobriety than him by 1 1/2 months...and I will NOT drink again or else he would be ahead of me!!! We both have good solid sobriety and love life this way!!

bluenurse 05-19-2008 10:44 AM

Congratulations Dorrie!! I know your journey was not easy, but you deserve to be so PROUD of yourself.Sending best wishes to you and your husband. My Mom had an alcohol problem, and I watched as she stuggled,failed,struggled to stay dry. She finally made it and lived to be 96 yrs old (just passed away last year).It was the 12 step program that finally helped her. You have my heartfelt admiration!! Treat yourself to something really special on your anniversary!!:D

dorrie 05-19-2008 01:16 PM

Thank you sooomuch Blue Nurse!! That is wonderful that your Mom was able to get the help and kive such a long life!!!! I think I will listen to your suggestion about treating myself!! Maybe a nice weekend away in northern Ontario on a little lake!!!! Relaxing!:hug:

Fogbrain 05-21-2008 05:07 AM

Dorrie,

I share your gratitude. I got the gift July 4, 1985; and I continue to keep this gift a day at a time.

Blessings to you and your hubby, too.

Jeff

Koala77 05-21-2008 05:27 AM

Congratulations Dorrie.

I'm so pleased for you. :hug:

Wren 05-22-2008 09:45 PM

Super Dorrie!! :hug: How wonderful !! :D:D:D
I haven't had a cigarette for 2 1/2 years .... I understand that grand feeling of accomplishment. Prayer is what helped me quit.

dorrie 05-22-2008 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fogbrain (Post 283812)
Dorrie,

I share your gratitude. I got the gift July 4, 1985; and I continue to keep this gift a day at a time.

Blessings to you and your hubby, too.

Jeff

Wow Jeff!! That is wonderful to hear...congratulations!!
It sure is a gift and I enjoy this gift of life one day at a time as well!
Life has never been better!!:hug:

dorrie 05-22-2008 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wren (Post 285055)
Super Dorrie!! :hug: How wonderful !! :D:D:D
I haven't had a cigarette for 2 1/2 years .... I understand that grand feeling of accomplishment. Prayer is what helped me quit.

Hi Wren!! That is great to hear that you have quit smoking...2 1/2 years!! Thats great...My hubby has almost 3 months in since he quit smoking...I am not there yet but I will be in time!:hug: