NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Parkinson's Disease (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/)
-   -   Please pray (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/45994-please-pray.html)

chasmo 05-18-2008 03:33 PM

Please pray

for my good friend Art Holford, (redfin93) He had 3 vertebrae in his back fused and due to that he cannot take blood thinners, he has had a stroke. He is very depressed. he had a successful DBS in a few months ago.
Art is a great guy, please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.
If you are good friends with him call me (818-624-2083) and I will give you his number, he could use some cheering up. ALl I could do was cry, which he doesn't need to hear. He has been through SO much.......

Charlie

lou_lou 05-18-2008 03:45 PM

I will pray...

Quote:

Originally Posted by chasmo (Post 281947)
for my good friend Art Holford, (redfin93) He had 3 vertebrae in his back fused and due to that he cannot take blood thinners, he has had a stroke. He is very depressed. he had a successful DBS in a few months ago.
Art is a great guy, please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.
If you are good friends with him call me (818-624-2083) and I will give you his number, he could use some cheering up. ALl I could do was cry, which he doesn't need to hear. He has been through SO much.......

Charlie

I will pray for your friend dear charlie.

Curious 05-18-2008 04:22 PM

sending lots of prayers..for you too. :hug:

maryfrances 05-18-2008 07:01 PM

pray

I am praying for Art

:hug:
Mary

bluedahlia 05-18-2008 07:17 PM

Sending prayers and well wishes.

stevem53 05-18-2008 08:18 PM

Sorry to hear the bad news Charlie..I will include him in my prayers

randy 05-18-2008 09:53 PM

Thanks for the news. Sometimes I think we who have this brain disease forget to pray. (at least i do) In my own small way, I will try it.

Rand

RLSmi 05-18-2008 10:37 PM

Charlie,

I'm praying for your friend Art as I write this, for strength in his body, comfort in his soul and peace in his heart.
He is a fortunate man to have a friend like you.
Robert

Fiona 05-18-2008 10:52 PM

sweetie, my candles are lit for your friend. Prayer works. But I am not looking at his sadness - I see him happy and strong and well, back in charge, with his body's native animal intelligence lovingly guiding him towards health.

ol'cs 05-18-2008 11:09 PM

Sad to hear about...

your friend Art, chasmo.
A quick word about "great people", if I may:
"Some people are considered "great people", and "good friends".
Of course, the lifetime of the average "great person" (as described by another "great person"), is not long, but filled with many more "good deeds" than otherwise. If you were moved to ask our PD group to "pray for" Art, Chasmo; then I believe, that this person must have been an "exceptional" person; amongst the world's X billions of people.
What constitutes a "great person"? Is it that they think and react to, and empathize more for their fellow human being than the majority of others? Is it that they would put saving not their own life before that of a stranger? Is it that in difficult times, they choose to comfort their fellows, even though they are perhaps more concerned and fearful of the difficult situation that they are in themselves? Are they "there" for others, when most have abandoned these "others"?. Such people are not "selfish"; such people are not greedy; such people are unwavering in their convictions , which are usually correct; such people are what makes one "Ask for prayers for" by their good friends, when it is time that the scale of life's tragedies swing their way.
I know that I can't help your friend Chasmo, but i will, in my mind, hope that whatever is to be his fate, occurs in the most "humanely" way as possible. If that is a prayer, then I will pray for his soul; that it will, when time comes, re-enter the void where we all came from; and the scale of "human worth" will show that your friend will be judged as a "Champion amongst people"