NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Having an UPPER ENDOSCOPY (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/46167-upper-endoscopy.html)

Jappy 05-20-2008 06:49 PM

Having an UPPER ENDOSCOPY

Tomorrow morning going for the great upper GI

For years I have been having so much trouble with my stomach.
DX with Gerd, Hernia, had Gall Bladder taken out.

I am just getting sick of being sick. The Heartburn seems to feel
like it is burning through my insides and pain and a bunch of other things.

Each time different meds. given and treatment. Ok for awhile and then
it starts all over again.

Does anyone else have stomach problems that they can't get seem to
get rid of.

Wish me luck this time. I can't take it anymore. I am tired of having
these procedures done. It is scary because anything can happen when
they are looking around in those delicate places.

Jappy :(

tkrik 05-20-2008 06:52 PM

I don't have those issues. I did have an upper GI done once. It really was bad and the meds were pretty good. LOL.

I wish you the best tomorrow and will pray that they find out what is bothering you. Please keep us posted.:hug:

AfterMyNap 05-20-2008 07:01 PM

Yikes, Jappy, that kind of sounds not very fun. :hug:

The only stomach problem I have is its increasing size. :o

barb02 05-20-2008 07:23 PM

Had one several years ago; discovered 3 ulcers. Used to take prilosec; have "graduated" to nexium.

Curious 05-20-2008 07:26 PM

((((jappy))))) hugs and prayers sweety.

praying that the dr's will find the answer.

SallyC 05-20-2008 07:27 PM

I answered you in an e-mail, Jappy, but again good luck with the procedure...ugh...and let us know how it goes.

:hug::hug:

tovaxin_lab_rat 05-20-2008 07:51 PM

((((jappy))))

I have stomach problems too but they are mostly due to all the meds I am on...it comes and goes. When I had the acute anaphylatic reaction to Zantac that's when I stopped taking any of the meds and went back to maalox and tums.

I hope they find out what's going on with you and you start feeling better soon! :hug:

SandyC 05-20-2008 07:58 PM

I have severe GERD and take Nexium. It works OK as long as I don't go off my diet too much. I've been on every med possible including Protonix. I've had issues since I gave birth to my second son. The last endoscopy showed severe redness and some erosion. Nexium is the last med to try and I am sure in time that too will stop working after some time. After that I think surgery is the only option unless a new pill comes out.

I hope you find some relief soon. I feel for you. I used to go through so many tests including upper GI, barium enema and endoscopy. It wasn't until the endoscopy that they found the GERD, post ulcerative scars and deformation at the duodenum.

ewizabeth 05-20-2008 08:14 PM

Dear Jappy, :hug:
I feel your pain! Literally! I go for a consult with the gastro doctor tomorrow. My PCP wants me to have the same thing, though I've put it off for a couple of months.

I'm on 40mg Nexium and have to watch my diet. I quit coffee and hot peppers. What's left?

I hope tomorrow will be uneventful for you dearie. I'll be in your shoes, probably in a week or two...

greta 05-20-2008 08:37 PM

Good luck to you - I hope they can find a reason for your troubles (and a way to fix it!!!)