NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Elevated liver enzymes and exhaustion (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/46241-elevated-liver-enzymes-exhaustion.html)

weeble37 05-21-2008 03:54 PM

Elevated liver enzymes and exhaustion

Has anyone here had elevated liver enzymes and felt like total crud? I've been off Rebif for a month now to see if they would go down. No dice, and now they're higher than before I was on R.

I have felt awful for weeks now and it's getting worse. I have no energy, none, even with Provigil 400mg all at once. I am a teacher in fifth grade and there's not a lot of down time during my day. I try and take a nap when I get home but that doesn't seem to make me feel any more energized.

I'm awaiting more blood work results and I'm having a sonogram of the liver and gall bladder on Friday afternoon.

I'm just wondering if anyone else who had high enzyme levels actually felt like this.

Thanks,
Weebs37

MSacorn 05-21-2008 11:15 PM

Weeble
I haven't had your experience (yet). But I just want to send you some healing hugs. :hug::grouphug::hug: And to let you know I hoping you find out soon what is going on, and can get some relief. At least summer vaca is around the corner.

:hug:

weeble37 05-22-2008 03:15 PM

Thanks, Beth. I appreciate your kind thoughts. I know my PCP has my blood test results back and I am hoping he may call me and let me know if that shows anything.

Best,
Weebs37

sheena 05-22-2008 04:16 PM

I don't know about liver enzymes except I have to have a test this mo.

I just wanted to tell you, I am so very sorry about your energy. I'm the same here but worse. I'm on the same drug and dose as you. When I went in today and told Neuro I needed more help on energy, he 1st said there was nothing more he could do then I told him I had heard of Amantadine. So I have it but do not yet know how it will work, as I have not taken. You take it with provigil.

I am really glad you are still able to work and hope all works out great for you!

nicknurser 05-22-2008 07:24 PM

Elevated Liver Enzymes, Exhaustion & Provigil?

I have been on Rebif for more than a year, and two weeks ago, for the first time EVER, my liver enzymes were out of line (actually, AST was - ALT was inline). My neuro said we would re-run the tests in 2 weeks (today) and we would take it from there. I know what you mean about feeling like total crud.
I am also on Provigil (200 mg. a day) and am starting to do a little research into whether that could be affecting the AST #'s. I wasn't taking it when I have had prior bloodwork done. When I get these latest results, I will definitely run it by my neuro, but was wondering if anyone here had any experience with Provigil affecting their liver enzymes? Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by weeble37 (Post 284180)
Has anyone here had elevated liver enzymes and felt like total crud? I've been off Rebif for a month now to see if they would go down. No dice, and now they're higher than before I was on R.

I have felt awful for weeks now and it's getting worse. I have no energy, none, even with Provigil 400mg all at once. I am a teacher in fifth grade and there's not a lot of down time during my day. I try and take a nap when I get home but that doesn't seem to make me feel any more energized.

I'm awaiting more blood work results and I'm having a sonogram of the liver and gall bladder on Friday afternoon.

I'm just wondering if anyone else who had high enzyme levels actually felt like this.

Thanks,
Weebs37

Karen3690 05-23-2008 03:23 PM

Hi Weeble37. I also was on Rebif and my liver enzymes went up as well. I felt fatigued while on Rebit and for the month inbetween meds. I have been on Copaxone for 3 weeks now and am feeling much better. I have to do new blood work next month. I am hoping my liver enzymes have gone down. Guess we will find out soon enough. Just hang in there.

Karen

Kitty 05-23-2008 04:01 PM

I'm on Beta and just had a blood test that showed marginally elevated liver enzymes. I've been told that this is normal. I don't feel bad - I'd have never known they were elevated but for the blood test. Hope you feel better! :)

weeble37 05-23-2008 08:21 PM

Thanks for your replies!

I had the sonogram of the liver and gall bladder today.

My PCP called and said I don't have hepatitis and that my enzyme levels were declining but they are still way above normal.

Hoping to get some relief soon. I've been off Rebif for over a month now.

Thanks again,
Weebs37