NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Chat (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-chat/)
-   -   I am finished with American Idol (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-chat/46264-am-finished-american-idol.html)

MelodyL 05-21-2008 09:01 PM

I am finished with American Idol

That did it for me!!!

David Cook won!!

I cannot believe this!!

Twinkletoes 05-21-2008 09:19 PM

Oh, I was just going downstairs to watch it. Guess I don't need to now. :rolleyes:

It's all good -- both Davids are bound to do well in the music business.

Why don't you try out next year, Mel? :sing:

MelodyL 05-21-2008 09:22 PM

You should have seen me and Alan while we were enjoying this show. They had Donna Summer, George Michael. It was like the old fashioned Ed Sullivan show, only with new arrangments. Very well done indeed.

We were having a great time, singing and moving our feet, AND THEN THE LAST TWO MINUTES HAPPENED.

I fully expected David A to win. I really did.

I was all excited, standing up and then he goes "DAVID COOK".

I threw down my headphones, and charged into the kitchen announcing:

"That's it, I'm done".

Alan kept mumbling "David Cook won?? Are they for real, David Cook won??"

He's still inside shaking his head.

And forget about getting on the American Idol message boards.

EVERYBODY IS POSTING!!!

And someone even titled a thread

Will David A's father give him a beating after this??

Good Lord!!!

Becky21 05-21-2008 09:28 PM

Twink,

I just stopped crying from happiness over David Cook winning American Idol. :) :)

Now you have me ROTFLMAO telling Mel to try out next year.:D:D:D I've got my eyes watering again from laughing.:D Now, stop being so darn funny, will ya????:D:D:D:D

I think David A will do very well in the music business in time.:)

I thought this was one of the best seasons ever and I hate to see it end.:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twinkletoes (Post 284414)
Oh, I was just going downstairs to watch it. Guess I don't need to now. :rolleyes:

It's all good -- both Davids are bound to do well in the music business.

Why don't you try out next year, Mel? :sing:

MelodyL 05-21-2008 09:43 PM

You should have seen my husband. He's staring at the tv going 'are they nuts, are they serious??" Cook won?? Did I hear this right?"

Then just now I go in and Alan says "Well, look at it this way, runners up often do BETTER than the winners. Look at Clay Aiken??

I then said "Shut up before I throw something at you".

He actually tried to comfort me, I never laughed so hard.

I'll tell you. David A has SOME fan base out there. Little old ladies, young ladies, all kinds of ladies. They all want to adopt him. He is so adorable.

I wonder if he'll be on tv tomorrow.

And people are still hoping his dad doesn't get so mad at him that he'll beat him up. Can you imagine having a dad who will get mad at you because you came in second??

Last year, I wanted Melinda Doolittle to win.

And did any of you see what Jordin Sparks was wearing?? Oh my god, ALL GOLD!!!

Good Lord. She looked like a gold pumpkin. But she sang her little heart out.

And Donna Summer aced the night. My god, she sounds as good as she did 30 years ago.

I have her on my IPOD.

And I LOVED her new song.

and look at Paula, standing up and wiggling, like a 20 year old.

Oh well.

UNTIL NEXT YEAR.

And maybe I WILL TRY OUT.

That is IF THEY ALLOW 60 year olds!!! lol

dorrie 05-21-2008 10:49 PM

I'm with you Melody!! David A is definitely the better singer hands down!!!He should have won!! I hope he goes on to a greater career than David Cooke ever sees...Davis A deserves it!!!

Kitty 05-22-2008 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorrie (Post 284458)
I hope he goes on to a greater career than David Cooke ever sees...Davis A deserves it!!!

Just wondering......why does David A deserve a greater career than David C? They both sing well, both competed fairly and both seem like nice individuals. :confused:

soxmom 05-22-2008 07:11 AM

Just an opinion here girls.....I think David Cook deserved to win.:D
They both seem like nice young men and both have extraordinary
voices. But I do think David Cook will sell more records and that is
kinda what they are looking for , the whole package.

David Cook sang with all his heart when all he probably wanted to
do was go home and be close to the brother who is battling cancer
right now.:( I couldnt keep my eyes dry when they had him in
the audience that one night.:(

Its funny, you would have thought David A. would be the one to
break down in tears, instead it was David Cook.:)

kicker 05-22-2008 07:31 AM

I was all for David Cook winning, he's much more my idea of a singing star than David A. (17!!! and a young one at that), but young Michael Jackson and Donny Osmond never seized my attention either. Bet Mozart wouldn't either. Youthful prodigy type talent just doesn't. I'll not watch Ameroican Idol again because it's not my cup of tea. But that everyone is different and likes different things is what makes America great. (Except about all MSers being different - that does NOT add to the greatness). Just IMHO. Now "You think You can Dance", love that show!!!! Even Mary's hoots and hollers!!!

kicker 05-22-2008 07:40 AM

It was a close race, David A can really sing, but he needs to go home and live a more regular life, if his dad will let him (not going into thoughts about parents wanting their kids to achieve when they themselves did not.) David Cook was a bartender, fought some to make his way, went with his brother to audition, not expecting to try out himself, endeared him to me!!!.