NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Sinus headache or migraine? (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/46318-sinus-headache-migraine.html)

ewizabeth 05-22-2008 04:45 PM

Sinus headache or migraine?

Ok, I think I have a sinus headache/infection. It started yesterday and is killing me right now. My doctor called in an antibiotic. I never ask for a/b's. I can't remember the last time I took one. But this feels really bad. It hurts in my left sinus and face, and radiates out.

I used ocean spray and it gave me a few minutes relief and then got even worse.

I hate to take a/b's but I don't want to suffer with this all weekend if it is my sinuses.

Should I just take them and hope for the best? :Sick:

I used to get migraines but haven't had one in years (knock on wood.)

Sorry for being whiney again. :o

Victor H 05-22-2008 05:11 PM

Wiz,

I would take them if they are available.

-Vic

JessieSue 05-22-2008 05:57 PM

Wizzer! Don't let yourself suffer unnecessarily, we want you feeling good and happy!!:hug:

ewizabeth 05-22-2008 08:24 PM

I got some Levaquin, a week's worth. That should take care of it. I know this isn't really whining; I just feel that way when it's me. When others have problems like this, it's a legitimate complaint. :o

lady_express_44 05-22-2008 09:17 PM

Hi E,

I'm glad you made the decision to take the antibiotics . . . or I might have had to come there and force feed you them. :mad:

With MS . . . DON'T EVER LEAVE AN INFECTION UNTREATED - EVER!!

I haven't experienced the pain from them too much (even though it is "apparently" there), but my first indication is confusion, and major dizziness (especially if I bend down).

Sinus infections often do not clear without the most heavy-duty antibiotics available, and sometimes 10+ days. If you do not feel ok when you are finished this small batch, go back to the doc and get more.

Cherie

ewizabeth 05-22-2008 09:46 PM

Thanks for the reality check Cherie. :o <--She honked through her sinuses.

I only get an infection about once a decade, give or take five years. I hope this helps me to sleep better tonight.

MSacorn 05-23-2008 11:55 AM

Hi Wiz
How are you feeling today? Any better? Let us know, please.

Here's a healing hug :hug:

:hug:

ewizabeth 05-23-2008 12:06 PM

:hug:I feel better today Beth, thank you! I still have the headache, but I slept better so with the a/b's I should be ok soon.

I wanted to visit my SIL this weekend, I'm long overdue. I have a four day weekend so it would be a good time. But she's on chemo and I don't want to expose her to any potential germs. Maybe if I wait until Monday the A/B's will have kicked in enough and I can go see her. I miss her and need to give her some hugs, especially since she's been so sick.