NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Survivors of Suicide (https://www.neurotalk.org/survivors-of-suicide/)
-   -   I need Some Advice.... (https://www.neurotalk.org/survivors-of-suicide/46580-advice.html)

FeelinGoofy 05-26-2008 05:09 PM

I need Some Advice....

Rebecca's boy friend broke up with her last night and she is heart broken... I knew it would eventually happen, but from what sis told me he said some really mean things to her and hurt her feelings really bad. This is her first "REAL" boyfriend that she actually went out on dates with.... I know its something shes going to have to go through, but its like walking on egg shells around here... you never know what shes going to say or whats going to make her burst into tears and run to her room.... (plus shes getting ready to start her monthly so that doesn't help either) SO i've got a heartbroken hormonal teenager on my hands..... what does a mother do????? :hug:

Curious 05-26-2008 05:24 PM

just listen to her. no advice...just listen. she needs empathy. :hug: maybe tell her about a time when your heart got broken.
(remember i have 2 older daughters than lil'monkey and an older son..who has done some heartbreaking..:o)

one thing that might help, is for her to realize he isn't totally who she thought him to be, or he wouldn't have had the heart to say mean things.

boys do get pressure from their buddies. it goes in cycles. if one is broke up from a girlfriend, he will sabotoge the others. girls do it too.

has he had other pressures like school or sports?

give sis a hug from me. :hug:

Curious 05-26-2008 05:39 PM

lil'monkey wants to know if sis and her firends are going to toilet paper his house? she wants the date, time and address so she can help. :D she says she's tall and throws the paper REAL high. :D

oh..lil
monkey said ice cream heals the heart. especially ben and jerry's.

wait..when did she learn to do this? :eek:

Doody 05-26-2008 06:09 PM

Aw, Goofy girl, I hope she heals quickly. Like Ms. Monkey said, be there to listen for sure and yeah, I would share a heartbreak of your own. Lord knows we've probably all been through that.

Lil monkey sounds like a smart patootie. Ben & Jerry's is awesome. :hug:

FeelinGoofy 05-26-2008 07:51 PM

LOL I just took her to her best friends house and she said she wanted to drown her sorrows in a large order of french fries from Mc Donalds LOL.... SO I took the girls to Mc Donalds and dropped them back off at Kims house. Rick thinks i'm babying her... :mad: men.... they just dont get it..... I Like the idea of TP'ing Tell lil monkey i'll be by to get her.... LOL:wink:

Curious 05-26-2008 08:03 PM

hehehehe...meet ya 1/2 way. :D

i'm glad she has a friend.

bop that hubby. :wink:

Burntmarshmallow 05-26-2008 08:37 PM

:hug: comfort food CHOCOLATE :p a soft shoulder ... an ear to listen , a friend and... a mom like you
I think she is in good hands .:hug:
if you all do decorate... pads with wings or things with strings along with t.p. make a cotton soft fashion statement :p. did I just say that :eek:

Koala77 05-26-2008 08:47 PM

Gosh I wish I knew!

When my only DD got her heart broken so badly that she's never dated since, she couldn't even tell me for ages, and we'd always been so close. That's about 8 years ago and she's now aged 30.

My DD shut me out when she was really hurting bad, and I've never been understand why.

I'm pleased you're there for your's. Give her love, be there when she wants to talk, and above all, give her space when she needs time out. That's my advice anyway.

FeelinGoofy 05-26-2008 10:56 PM

LOL i have this visual of pads all over his mustang car daddy bought him :rolleyes:

snoozie 05-27-2008 12:47 AM

for my daughter and I, we go to del taco when we need that alone time. It makes her feel special and plus the chicken tacos are to die for. :D I don;t know how it started but that became our place.

Also I had to learn to listen. We can't always fix it but by listening that seems to help. I used to try to tell her what to do or think...she hated that but now that she is older she thinks like her mama anyway:p

One time she told a guy that there was another street car coming down the line so get out of the way...that came from my mom LOL