NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Crazy dreams! (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/46632-crazy-dreams.html)

mom23angels 05-27-2008 08:34 AM

Crazy dreams!

Ok, I don't know if its the medication I'm on but I've had the weirdest dreams lately. I had a dream about my nana a couple days ago, she was in her wheelchair and I was worried she would die in my dream. She died in 2001.

I had a dream about chasing my 4 yr old around the mall, only had one kid in this dream so I don't know what I did with the other two :eek:.

Last night I was mixing my high school basketball teammates with going to grad school now and was taking classes.

We won't even get into the weird sexual dreams I've had. :thud: I blame it all on the baclofen, nortriptyline, trileptal, and all the other funky stuff I'm taking. Either that or my mind is just deranged and I need to be committed!

:p Monique

braingonebad 05-27-2008 09:33 AM

They say the more you dream, the more intelligent you are. We must be brilliant!

:D

The other night I was dreaming I was on one of those crab boats from Deadliest Catch. Must have been because I could hear the rain pounding on the windows super hard plus all the vertigo lately.

:p

mom23angels 05-27-2008 10:04 AM

Hahaha

Quote:

Originally Posted by braingonebad (Post 287884)
They say the more you dream, the more intelligent you are. We must be brilliant!

The other night I was dreaming I was on one of those crab boats from Deadliest Catch. Must have been because I could hear the rain pounding on the windows super hard plus all the vertigo lately.

:p

OMG.. that's what I was watching before I went to bed last night. I have to admit I have a slight crush on the skipper from the Time Bandit :rolleyes: I was calculating they get $90K for 19 days as a crab catcher, I might drop out of my grad school program and sign up for a couple years doing that! Hmm.. maybe start an MS crab boat -- bet we would get a lot of sponsors!! :p
Monique

FinLady 05-27-2008 11:54 AM

My hubby calls dreams a memory dump of information from our brain. :D I've had strange dreams especially when I've watched too much of a tv show. Then they get really weird sometimes, lol

The worst dreams I had was on adamentine (sp?) for fatigue. It is a listed side effect to have crazy dreams.

Erin524 05-27-2008 12:38 PM

I keep having weird dreams about when I worked at McDonald's for a good part of the 1990s. (quit in '96)

I had a McDonald's dream last night actually. For some reason I was working on the french fries, and was having to put new oil in the fryers because someone had put fish in the french fry fryer. I only ever put new oil in the fryers once. I'm not sure if I was doing it right in the dream.

That dream morphed into me being somewhere in the Black Hills, and I was staring at the hills and mountains. I think I was somewhere near Keystone or Deadwood in that part of the dream.

and for some reason, I had a cooling vest in that part of the dream. Which is weird, since I dont own a cooling vest, dont have one yet.

SallyC 05-27-2008 12:57 PM

Me too, Monique....EGadssss..:eek: I'm only on two meds...LDN and Prozac and I think they can both spur vivid dreams.

Lately, though, I have been having, true to life kinda dreams about my DDH.. In every dream, he is aggrivating me in some way.:mad: Right after he died, my dreams were all the good things about him and now, he is aggrivating me to no end...LOL!

I loved him dearly, but he did drive me a little insane, at times....mostly his drinking.:rolleyes:..which ended up killing him.. I figure, in my dreams, that resentment is coming out. I don't like it, though, I just want to remember the good things.... S#@% happens, in life, but please, not in my dreams.:p

:hug:

Kitty 05-27-2008 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom23angels (Post 287899)
OMG.. that's what I was watching before I went to bed last night. I have to admit I have a slight crush on the skipper from the Time Bandit :rolleyes: I was calculating they get $90K for 19 days as a crab catcher, I might drop out of my grad school program and sign up for a couple years doing that! Hmm.. maybe start an MS crab boat -- bet we would get a lot of sponsors!! :p
Monique

My son watches that show - he's fascinated by the amount of money those men can make in such a short time.

Not sure I could stand being isolated on a boat with those men for too long - I mean, where do they bathe?? DO they bathe?? One of them had a finger severed by a fishing line - it looked awful. And the other night I saw one of them eating a link sausage sandwich - white bread soaked in mayonnaise with about ten link sausages piled on it. It was enough to make my arteries harden just watching it!! :eek: :vomit2:

It's a wonder I didn't dream something after seeing that!! :eek:

ewizabeth 05-27-2008 02:03 PM

Count me in on the crazy dreams. They are so strange, even my DH is amazed at some of the stuff my mind comes up with while I sleep. I can even remember smells and colors from my dreams.

One night I dreamt about being in a Subway shop and I kept smelling that heavenly fresh baked bread aroma all day long! :Ponder:

mom23angels 05-27-2008 03:02 PM

Mmm.. food dreams!! Nothing wrong with that! I just took a nap and had a weird dream that my ex husband and I were having domestic problems and he smashed a jar of baby food on the ground and I kept picking shards of glass out of my right ear.. WTF!

I told the emergency people this was the second time so he was going to get arrested this time Lol.. he's going to wonder why I had this dream. We are the best of friends and take care of one another but I'm wondering why he was so angry in this dream. I think because I watch him play online poker and swear so much that I was interpreting his poker anger into my dreams.

I mean.. I have MS.. so why can't I have a Brad Pitt and Hot Fudge sundae dream??? I swear I must have killed someone in a former life.. like King Tut!

Monique

braingonebad 05-27-2008 04:54 PM

You can, sweetie. You have to learn to lucid dream.

Some of my other way out there ones...

Amy Pohler asked me to be on Saturday night Live.

I had coffee with Bob Dylan.

Stephen tyler asked for my autograph.
(in a B&N that looked like the Bat Cave, LOL!)

I got a job on a spaceship.

I was gored by a bull - and I felt that.

This is why I write.