NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   I need to Whine or is that Wine? (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/46649-whine-wine.html)

yeahbut 05-27-2008 12:17 PM

I need to Whine or is that Wine?

Oh my - I am not sure how long it has been since my roids treatment but I felt so good then.... I started over the weekend with fatigue setting in.... and now my right side is back to numbness and pain - who ever said there was no pain with MS (oh wait I forgot I don't have MS, there is nothing wrong with me). I hate the pain. My hand keeps cramping up into a ball. My right leg wants to stay back when I need to move forward. The right side of my face is so numb plus I have a test in Economics in 15 minutes!! that I am NOT ready for.

Calgone take me away!

am I putting to much on my plate? Work is so stressful, these two classes are a bit much and now I am having a hard time staying awake just typing...

I called the PCP this morning but I can't get in to see her until the 14th. I may just have to call and push for something sooner. I just want to cry but can't even get the strength to do that.

ok, done venting, whining or what ever you want to call it! thanks for listening and please send some good study vibes my way around 1:40 when I am taking a test on 4 chapters for Economics! PLEASE

FinLady 05-27-2008 12:18 PM

:hug: Good vibes heading your way. Hope you can get into the doc sooner than the 14th.

AfterMyNap 05-27-2008 12:32 PM

You know I hate that you're going through this again, and so soon, my little lambchop. Dangit.:mad:

Please call the neuro too! :deadhorsebeat:Please call the neuro too! :deadhorsebeat:Please call the neuro too! :deadhorsebeat:Please call the neuro too! :deadhorsebeat:Please call the neuro too! :deadhorsebeat:Please call the neuro too! :deadhorsebeat:Please call the neuro too! :deadhorsebeat:Please call the neuro too! :deadhorsebeat:Please call the neuro too! :deadhorsebeat:Please call the neuro too! :deadhorsebeat:Please call the neuro too! :deadhorsebeat:Please call the neuro too! :deadhorsebeat:Please call the neuro too! :deadhorsebeat:

Trust your knowledge! Have faith in your brain! It's still there and it works!! :hug:

Kitty 05-27-2008 12:53 PM

Well, darnit, Yabbit. I hate it that you're experiencing this again. :(

That's a long time to wait for an appointment to see the doctor......I think I'd be calling the Neurologist, too, just to document your medical records (didn't Cindy suggest calling him, too?? :p).

Good luck on your test - I'm sending some good brain vibes your way (and believe me, I don't have that many good ones anymore!!). Let us know how you did. :hug:

Girlie Girl 05-27-2008 01:04 PM

I was just thinking about you and wondering how you are feeling lately! Bummer! I would definitely make the call to your neuro. At least so he can document your sx. Char, I want to come up there and give you a hug :hug: I am sending you some smart vibes right now!!!!! Good luck on that test.

I think you need a little more sitting on your porch :sunchair: and a little less of your "to do list". I am thinking you need to take a breather or at least slow down a bit from your crazy schedule. It is hard to slow down, I am one to talk, but it is necessary for your body. Please take care and keep us updated on you! :hug:

Noidy 05-27-2008 01:05 PM

I'd call the neuro too. Especially for the weakness part. I am lucky and hardly feel pain, but my back does what your hand does sometimes, and boy is that a pain. I hope you feel better, and it sounds like you need something for that pain..it sounds like it's making you miserable. :(

feel better. :hug:

yeahbut 05-27-2008 01:29 PM

Thanks everyone! I got the test over - not bad only 36 questions and they were all multiple choice so that helped! I should know on Thursday how I did. I will call the neuro and at least let them know what is going on.

I hate this too.... why so fast. I knew it was coming since I was so tired all weekend but I guess I was hoping it was going to pass. I felt ok this morning but within the last couple of hours it has hit. I left my Darvocet at home, stupid me but then again I have a hard time functioning while I am on it.

thanks for listening... I hate whining for it seems like that is all I do! Going to call neuro.

:hug:

Girlie Girl 05-27-2008 01:58 PM

My hand does the cramping thing too but I call it "the claw". I hate the feeling and it is hard to manage since it is my right hand as well. Are you a righty?

Glad your test was a little easier with the mult choice. Hope you did well. I sent you some smart vibes, but not too sure if there were that many, I am blonde you know ;) hehehe

Get some rest if you can.

yeahbut 05-27-2008 03:13 PM

I am a righty too! Makes it hard to take notes. I am ready for a nap!

mom23angels 05-27-2008 03:23 PM

Ok.. keep in mind that I'm still new to MS and trying to figure everything out. When I read your first msg.. about 'roids. I thought you meant Hemorrhoids *sigh* and was worried this is another thing MS brings.. but after the 2 mins, my brain kicked in and I realized you meant steroids!! (I think)

I understand how you feel. I have to go back to school for another year, an internship at a hosp, 3 kids, a grad. assistantship and with my symptoms not giving up I am nervous as heck that I can do it all. But, I'm definitely going to try! I'm sorry you're going through all this and hope you can get in for an appt soon... and get something for your pain.
Congrats on getting through the test!!

Monique