NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   What would you do with $30 million? (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/46755-30-million.html)

mom23angels 05-28-2008 08:58 PM

What would you do with $30 million?

No.. I didn't win the lottery.. I wish! lol I was just wondering what everyone would do if they won a ton of money~

$30 million
- would pay off both my house and my ex husband's house
- give money to MS research
- start an Autism Foundation in my son's name
- pay off my bills & student loans
- buy a bed I could sleep on, cause this Insomnia is for the birds!
- trade my Hyundai in for something :cool: and not worry about gas prices!
- put the rest in the bank and live off the savings!

Well.. it was nice dreaming for a second, now I have to come back to reality and finishing school and then trying to remain stable enough so I can work for a couple years and bank some money ~ will still play the lottery now and then :D

Monique

greta 05-28-2008 08:59 PM

Buy a 46" catamaran and start sailing around the world. We'll do it someday, but we'd do it a whole lot faster with an extra 30M floating around!

tovaxin_lab_rat 05-28-2008 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greta (Post 289015)
Buy a 46" catamaran and start sailing around the world. We'll do it someday, but we'd do it a whole lot faster with an extra 30M floating around!

That's a pretty small boat Greta...Jim wouldn't fit in it at all and what would you do with the dogs???? :eek:

Koala77 05-28-2008 09:15 PM

It's too much money for me, so once DH and I got a house, we could pay off each of the kid's mortgages. I think I'd keep enough for us to live comfortably on, give some to our offspring, and donate the rest to charity.

I'm not saying that to sound like a Miss Goody-Goody, I think it's what I would actually do.

At our age, DH and I couldn't spend that much in a lifetime, and I don't think giving it all to our children or grandchildren would make them better people. A few luxuries never hurt anyone, but I think too much money can actually ruin people. You only have to read the newspapers. Just MHO anyway.

watsonsh 05-28-2008 09:25 PM

Oh OMG I play this game everytime I buy a lottery ticket :p DH gets annoyed with me when I ask him what he would want to do.

So I have a ready made list..I am a expert daydreamer :D

1. Buy a house (maybe two - this game goes along with if you could buy a house in 5 different places where would you buy them)
2. Open a spa and treat all of you to treatments
3. Rent an office for DH and pay people to call him (lets face it he needs someplace to go everyday)
4. Travel a bit, visit friends...take you all to visit Koala!
5. Pay for my brother's college...and beer money (sister of the year!)
6. Go back to school
7. Donate money to Uof M to get season football seats
8. Buy DM a new real tiara!

OMG the list could go on and on.

Oh yeah did I mention shopping..and therapy for my shoe addiction.

Koala77 05-28-2008 09:32 PM

OMG! I forgot the GTG in Australia that I would pay for you all to come to!

Please forgive me? :smileypray:

tovaxin_lab_rat 05-28-2008 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Koala77 (Post 289055)
OMG! I forgot the GTG in Australia that I would pay for you all to come to!

Please forgive me? :smileypray:

We'll make Shelley pay for that, she doesn't need any more shoes!!

:D

watsonsh 05-28-2008 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Av8rgirl (Post 289057)
We'll make Shelley pay for that, she doesn't need any more shoes!!

:D

Well FG it was going to be a surprise...Since I was buying DM a real tiara I was gonna get you a new plane...but you had to sass back didn't ya. :rolleyes:

Victor H 05-28-2008 09:39 PM

I would replace every 10th light pole in my city to a wind turbine so that we can all have free electricity for life.

Furthermore, I would add solar panels to the homes in my entire neigborhood and then sell the electricity to the Suadis when they need it in 20 years!:D

-Vic

jmiller 05-28-2008 09:45 PM

I would just buy a lifetime supply of duct tape.