NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   tkrik's mishap (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/46971-tkriks-mishap.html)

Twinkletoes 06-01-2008 04:16 PM

tkrik's mishap

tkrik (Tricia) from Tucson was supposed to come to our Phoenix GTG yesterday at Famous Dave's. I spoke with her right as she was about to leave her house. Made sure she knew where to come and how to get there. It's about a 90 min. drive from her place.

She was late! Kept looking for her and her DD to show up, but they never did. Continued dialing her number, but no answer. :confused:

Finally today she answered her phone. *whew!* Turns out that she collapsed. :eek: Scared her DDaughter, Shannon, to death!

The Nurse Practitioner at the clinic said she was dehydrated, so they gave her some IV fluids and a scolding to drink more water! Tricia had been on antihistamines/decongestants for seasonal allergies, and they sucked all her fluids out and messed with her electolytes.

She does not have computer access right now at DB's place, but he is making sure she drinks her Gatorade. :hug:

Thought you'd all like to know. She says she's okay and will post later.

Foggy Brain 06-01-2008 04:26 PM

Thanks for the update, Twinks! :) To tell you the truth, it was sorta disappointing not seeing Tricia in the picture. :( Thank goodness she is okay and is on the mend. It is unfortunate that she was unble to attend the GTG - maybe the third Phoenix GTG in June will be the charm for her! :p

CayoKay 06-01-2008 04:44 PM

hugs to TK !!

and thanks for posting, Twink.

Desinie 06-01-2008 04:50 PM

I hope she feels better soon and makes sure she's getting enough fluids ( electrolytes). That had to be scary.

Aarcyn 06-01-2008 05:00 PM

I am glad you heard from TK. I look forward to meeting her someday soon.

barb02 06-01-2008 05:26 PM

Tricia, TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!!! Sorry, I did not mean to yell:hug:

yeahbut 06-01-2008 05:43 PM

Drink, Drink, Drink! sorry to hear Tricia but glad you are getting better!

Kitty 06-01-2008 05:48 PM

Oh dear, Tricia! :eek: I hope you're feeling better. I'm sure the heat doesn't help matters, either. Please take care of yourself - and make sure you drink your water. I find that I can drink more if I use a straw. Not sure why - maybe it's easier for me that way - but I know I drink a lot more when I use one. :)

AfterMyNap 06-01-2008 05:59 PM

PRAISE THE LORD SHE WASN'T ALREADY DRIVING!!!!!!

Thanks, Twink.

Earl 06-01-2008 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfterMyNap (Post 291004)
PRAISE THE LORD SHE WASN'T ALREADY DRIVING!!!!!!

Thanks, Twink.

AMEN!!! hope to meet you next time TK. I need backup keeping Twink under control, she is a wildcat that one...