NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Is it right for me to have (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/47099-is-it-right-for-me-to-have.html)

turtle_78 06-03-2008 07:21 AM

Is it right for me to have

A baby shower? This is my 3rd child but there is a 4 year gap since my last one. I also gave everything away exept the crib after my 3rd miscarrage. Would it be rude to have people come to one. I have no idea about this.:Scratch-Head:
Thanks for all you help.

We might have a name change too we may keep Sarah but we have found Aimee (amy) it was Mark's Grandam's name that she wanted to name a girl but she never did.

FinLady 06-03-2008 07:30 AM

I've known others to have had baby showers on their second or third child. It's not considered rude at all. It's a chance to celebrate! :partytime2:

AfterMyNap 06-03-2008 08:31 AM

Agreed, Fin. Part of celebrating a new baby is for your friends to share your enthusiasm, let them do it for their own sakes, if nothing else. Of course, it would be tacky to throw one for yourself.;):rolleyes:

greta 06-03-2008 08:36 AM

I was thinking the same thing as Cindy. As long as a friend throws it - then it's a nice thing to do! And a good excuse to eat cake...:D

Curious 06-03-2008 08:48 AM

i had a friend a few years ago in the same type situation.

since she knew she wasn't going to have more babies ( having tubes tied after delivery) she didn't want a bunch of brand new stuff.

we threw her a gently used baby shower. we all found baby items we had saved, plus bargains at thrift stores. that boy was outfitted until he was 3. :D

saving on clothes...we stocked her up in diapers.

just an idea.

kicker 06-03-2008 09:07 AM

I threw small shower (just good friends) for my BF on her fourth child. Lots of her baby clothes came to me and my infant twins, know she loaned lots to all of us. 4th kid!! Deserve and need a shower (Chocolates, mom-stuff etc., always nice too - not just baby clothes)

Not as a gift of course but took care of the other 3 so she and her DH could have some alone time with new baby.

mom23angels 06-03-2008 09:08 AM

I have three kids and I would have had another shower but fortunately I kept having boys and my kids never knew they were Hand-me-down kids :) I still have tons of stuff, I'm a mega packrat! I say go for it ~ even if they just bring diapers, a stroller, clothes, wetwipes..they don't need to spend a ton but it'll help you out.

Monique

kicker 06-03-2008 09:11 AM

outfitted until he was 3. :D

just an idea.[/QUOTE]

Someone gave me really nice snowsuits and coats for a 5 and up her kids wore. Thought I'd not need them for a l..o..n..g time but it came fast. Now they're 16!!!!

Curious 06-03-2008 09:29 AM

lol kicker.

i kept prom dresses from my older girls for lil'monkey. little did we know she would be so tall and wear them when she was 13 for auditions.

sugarboo 06-03-2008 09:30 AM

There should be a baby shower for EVERY baby, IMHO. Have a great time!!