NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Creative Corner (https://www.neurotalk.org/creative-corner/)
-   -   Painting (https://www.neurotalk.org/creative-corner/47197-painting.html)

tkrik 06-04-2008 11:08 AM

Painting

I just started painting again after taking a long, long break from it. As a single working mom, who has time to paint. LOL. Now that the kids are teens and more independent and I am now on forced semi-retirement I started again. I started to get in to abstracts and am really enjoying it and the freedom I feel while painting. With abstract, anything goes. Of course following the elements of design helps in making a better more attractive painting.

Here is one that I recently finished. It is called Metal I. It was experimental and a lot of fun to do.

Bets 06-04-2008 11:20 AM

I like. you are lucky to have the talent and the time now. Abstract is not easy, I thought it would be when signed upfor some classes, I gave up. Everything I have done is soooo ugly.

watsonsh 06-04-2008 12:07 PM

Very nice! I am so jealous of those that have artistic talents.

Me, I am good on a calculator :p

FinLady 06-04-2008 03:38 PM

It came out really neat. There's a swirl that looks like an eye, and it's kinda cool. Well, it looks like it to me at any rate - lol. Thanks for sharing.

Vonn07 06-05-2008 05:35 PM

you signed and dated it, right?? (just one artist to another)

and you are keeping a photo-album log of your work ...

and you have the addresses of the Guggenheim and Louve' for your next gallery dispays, right??

you've got it, girl!!

tkrik 06-05-2008 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vonn07 (Post 293726)
you signed and dated it, right?? (just one artist to another)

and you are keeping a photo-album log of your work ...

and you have the addresses of the Guggenheim and Louve' for your next gallery dispays, right??

you've got it, girl!!

Signed and dated

On computer in Photoshop

No, I don't have the addresses. lol

Thanks everyone for your nice compliments. I really appreciate it.

tkrik 06-05-2008 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bets (Post 292692)
I like. you are lucky to have the talent and the time now. Abstract is not easy, I thought it would be when signed upfor some classes, I gave up. Everything I have done is soooo ugly.

Bets, I am sure it is not ugly. That is cool that you were able to take a classes. That would be fun.

Vonn07 06-11-2008 10:09 AM

if you don't sign something .. they can't sell it on the Antique Road show in the future!!

even if you sign and date the back of the mat .. something ... I found some of my old calligraphy posters I made ... dated 1980!! I am working on getting back to writing again!!

ya gotta sign .. not just on photo shop, okay??

tkrik 06-11-2008 11:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vonn07 (Post 298349)
if you don't sign something .. they can't sell it on the Antique Road show in the future!!

even if you sign and date the back of the mat .. something ... I found some of my old calligraphy posters I made ... dated 1980!! I am working on getting back to writing again!!

ya gotta sign .. not just on photo shop, okay??

I signed the actual painting, in the front right corner, and I dated it. I did before I put the gloss medium/varnish on it. I stuck there now. LOL. Then I took a picture and cropped it in Photoshop. I did learn a new trick though; putting a watermark on it in Photoshop. So cool.

Thank you Vonn for looking out for me. You're awesome.

BTW - Anyone reading this thread for the 1st time, the picture is gone now. It must have dropped off during the upgrade or is lost in cyber land. I posted it again.