NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   My Little Miracles (Bragging) (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/47323-little-miracles-bragging.html)

SurvivingMSwithHOPE 06-05-2008 09:28 PM

My Little Miracles (Bragging)

4 Attachment(s)
I wanted to show off my little Makenzie who turned 2 Tuesday. She was born weighing just 1 pound and look at her now!:D Still small and under weight, but doing well.

The little hunk of a man is Travis, (3.7 pounds)he was preemie too, but lost all his first pictures in a fire:( He is 7 now.

In the third picture, she is sooo done with cameras!:p Anyway, just wanted to brag a little, thanks for letting me, not like you had a say:p:p:p
:grouphug:

Becky21 06-05-2008 09:34 PM

The pics of the kids are just great! It's just a miracle that Makenzie is doing so well and already 2 years old!:) Travis is so adorable also.:p

You have every right to brag about those babies and are a luck gal my friend!!:):hug::hug:

SurvivingMSwithHOPE 06-05-2008 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky21 (Post 293863)
The pics of the kids are just great! It's just a miracle that Makenzie is doing so well and already 2 years old!:) Travis is so adorable also.:p

You have every right to brag about those babies and are a luck gal my friend!!:):hug::hug:

I was just thinking about sending the one of Makenzie the day she was born to you. You said you couldn't find it and I just found it among the 700+ ones on here!:p

Thank you:hug::hug:

Koala77 06-05-2008 09:40 PM

No wonder you're proud Marcia, I would be too!

They are beautiful children, and I thank you for sharing. :)

dorrie 06-05-2008 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SurvivingMSwithHOPE (Post 293858)
I wanted to show off my little Makenzie who turned 2 Tuesday. She was born weighing just 1 pound and look at her now!:D Still small and under weight, but doing well.

The little hunk of a man is Travis, (3.7 pounds)he was preemie too, but lost all his first pictures in a fire:( He is 7 now.

In the third picture, she is sooo done with cameras!:p Anyway, just wanted to brag a little, thanks for letting me, not like you had a say:p:p:p
:grouphug:

Your children are beautiful!! Makenzie was such a little mini wheat!! My she has grown!! Thanks for sharing!!:)

SurvivingMSwithHOPE 06-05-2008 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorrie (Post 293870)
Your children are beautiful!! Makenzie was such a little mini wheat!! My she has grown!! Thanks for sharing!!:)

I am the "Gran" but they are still mine!:p Thank you!

:hug:

AfterMyNap 06-05-2008 09:46 PM

CUTE! You should keep 'em!:D

NurseNancy 06-05-2008 10:33 PM

oh, HOW SWEET!
i am an RN and worked in the NICU for about 30 yrs.
what a miracle. just amazing to me even now.

and travis is so handsome.
enjoy them :D

SallyC 06-05-2008 10:34 PM

Your Grands are Dolls. You have every reason to brag and yes, LOL, I think you should keep them too..:D

SurvivingMSwithHOPE 06-05-2008 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NurseNancy (Post 293909)
oh, HOW SWEET!
i am an RN and worked in the NICU for about 30 yrs.
what a miracle. just amazing to me even now.

and travis is so handsome.
enjoy them :D

Thank you! You deserve a medal! I so admire NICU nurses. Travis and Makenzie were both born in the same hospital. They were and are awesome! Makenzie had a rough road for a while and they even took care of my daughter and me. I was in the operating room for both (my son-in-law can't take it:p) and they were all there ready for Makenzie. I was so amazed!

It takes a special kind of person to be able to deal with such sick babies. It broke my heart to see the ones born with fetal alcohol symdrome and one that was born to a cocaine addicted mother. I just cried watching this baby shake. And then ones who never had visitors, I wanted to take all of them home!

The NICU reunion is this Saturday and I'm going to try to make the drive. It is so awesome seeing all of Makenzie's "roommates".

Kudos to you Nancy! :hug: