NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   In Case You Have Wondered (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/47472-wondered.html)

MommaD 06-08-2008 06:36 AM

In Case You Have Wondered

The month of May has been pretty tough for me. :( I restarted my Tysabri in April, about 2 wks after that infusion I developed diahrea(sp) which I had for 5 wks. I had my 2nd infusion May 15, blood work done, White blood count was 19. Went to PCP on May 19, was immediately put in hospital where I stayed until May 30. During the time in the hospital, I had a colonoscopy to see if there was anything causing the diahrea(sp), nothing but a couple of polyps which were removed. WBC was all over the board, from 21 to 14. I was having alot of pain in lower right stomache, had a laproscopy done day after colonoscopy. I had alot of adhesions that were attached to my bowel and adominal wall, which was all removed. Final say: Infection in colon. I'm on antibiotics for another couple of weeks. Diahrea gone, but food still does not stay with me. Oh well, I have lost 12 lbs, yipeeee.:)

By the way, my Tysabri has been suspended until July, provided my WBC is ok.

Riverwild 06-08-2008 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MommaD (Post 295550)

The month of May has been pretty tough for me. :( I restarted my Tysabri in April, about 2 wks after that infusion I developed diahrea(sp) which I had for 5 wks. I had my 2nd infusion May 15, blood work done, White blood count was 19. Went to PCP on May 19, was immediately put in hospital where I stayed until May 30. During the time in the hospital, I had a colonoscopy to see if there was anything causing the diahrea(sp), nothing but a couple of polyps which were removed. WBC was all over the board, from 21 to 14. I was having alot of pain in lower right stomache, had a laproscopy done day after colonoscopy. I had alot of adhesions that were attached to my bowel and adominal wall, which was all removed. Final say: Infection in colon. I'm on antibiotics for another couple of weeks. Diahrea gone, but food still does not stay with me. Oh well, I have lost 12 lbs, yipeeee.:)

By the way, my Tysabri has been suspended until July, provided my WBC is ok.

Jeez Deb!

I'm glad they found out what was going on! I hope you get back to normal soon. It sounds like you have had your share of poking and prodding for the next few years!

Take it easy and rest when you can and get better soon! Let us know how you are doing!:hug:

tkrik 06-08-2008 09:40 AM

I am sorry to hear all that you went through. However, I am glad that you are on the mend. Hang in there!:hug:

Desinie 06-08-2008 02:17 PM

Deb,
Hope you feel better soon and that your WBC returns to normal and stays there.

weegot5kiz 06-08-2008 02:23 PM

hope you feel real good real soon, just did a ten day stay in hospital for almost all the same reasons as you, its not fun, hope you stay home and it passes, pardon then pun. but, again pardon the pun, but you know what I mean:)

I keep hearing about this T med and it seems to be a picky med, hope that problem corrects itself too

Jodylee 06-08-2008 02:29 PM

Omigosh! Feel better soon Deb! This is not the best way to lose weight ya know?:)

SallyC 06-08-2008 02:44 PM

:circlelove: (((((((MommaD)))))))) :circlelove:

tovaxin_lab_rat 06-08-2008 02:51 PM

Hey Deb, thanks for the update and so glad to hear you are on the mend! :hug:

DM 06-08-2008 04:21 PM

Yikes, that was some ordeal you went through. Deb, But glad you are feeling better. Take care of yourself and hope you can get the blood counts back to normal. glad to have you back on board.

:hug:

NurseNancy 06-08-2008 05:30 PM

so sorry you've been thru so much.
i'm glad that they were able to correct the problem and i hope you con't to feel better and better.