NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Friends (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/47477-friends.html)

tkrik 06-08-2008 08:53 AM

Friends

I didn't want to hijack Sandy's thread . . .

What is the concept of the new "Friends" feature?

I searched the FAQ's but didn't find anything. Do the people that are listed as friends have some sort of special privilege in your profile? I just keep adding and I don't really understand what that means. LOL

Vonn07 06-08-2008 08:55 AM

Hey Tricia ...

after having a 'friend' in my list - you can just go to their pix and click it and write a message really quick .. that's all I found out so far!

then when that notification shows up -- it will tell you what area you need to go read first ..

did I help??

(morning!!) :)

yeahbut 06-08-2008 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vonn07 (Post 295615)
Hey Tricia ...

after having a 'friend' in my list - you can just go to their pix and click it and write a message really quick .. that's all I found out so far!

then when that notification shows up -- it will tell you what area you need to go read first ..

did I help??

Thanks Vonn - I can't speak for Tricia but you helped me! I was adding just like Tricia and wasn't sure why either! :wink:

tkrik 06-08-2008 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vonn07 (Post 295615)

did I help??

Bear with me, it is only 7 a.m. so my brain is slow LOL . . . Like the e-mails I got regarding friend requests? It had a link there to click on.

Or

I will have notifications when a "friend" posts and it will direct me to that?

Morning.

YB - LOL. I was just adding away think, "Ok, whatever." :D

Vonn07 06-08-2008 09:03 AM

see see .. now you blew a brain-cell trying to figure out our new toy! LOL

yep .. the first one you said ... :p

AfterMyNap 06-08-2008 09:04 AM

We've been talking about it in the community feedback forum, Tricia. It's meant to be similar to the networking features of myspace or facebook and the like.

From what I can gather, it's more a toy than a function. :)

Curious 06-08-2008 09:05 AM

it also makes it easier to see if your friends are online. their names appear with a +, unless they use hidden mode.

the friends feature is the same as the buddy list we always had. the only difference now, is that they show up in your profile with pictures. more peopel are noticing it, because of that.

also, you can set your preferences to only receive PM's from people on your friend/buddy list.

Blessings2You 06-08-2008 09:07 AM

Old dogs, new tricks. Woof.

I think there are about 72 threads going now about the friend feature...:D

My prediction is that no one will want to hurt anyone's feelings by accidentally leaving someone out, and because we all like each other anyway, so everybody will friend everybody else and we'll all just be double friends. Or something.

Blessings2You 06-08-2008 09:10 AM

One thing I like about this is that it's a good feeling (warm and fuzzy-like) to open your email and see that somebody wants to be your friend (even if it is just techno-jargon).

If it's a blind copy thing, please don't tell me and ruin my self-esteem.

tkrik 06-08-2008 09:12 AM

Thanks AMN & Curious. I'll check out the thread in the Community Feedback Forum. I did notice that everyone on my Buddy List all of a sudden showed up with avatars.

BTW - I am 1/2 done with my 1st cup of coffee and I think my brain is waking up enough to get the concept. LOL