NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Arnold Chiari Malformation & Syringomyelia (https://www.neurotalk.org/arnold-chiari-malformation-and-syringomyelia/)
-   -   AZ Walk for Chiari/AZ Syringo Chiari Support Group (https://www.neurotalk.org/arnold-chiari-malformation-and-syringomyelia/47664-az-walk-chiari-az-syringo-chiari-support.html)

AzSyringoChiari 06-10-2008 10:46 PM

AZ Walk for Chiari/AZ Syringo Chiari Support Group

Hello all! We would like to invite anyone in the AZ area to join us and participate in the first Walk Across America for Conquer Chiari! Our support group AZ Syringo Chiari Care & Support Group has been meeting for 10 yrs., 7 of which have been at Barrows/St. Joes Rehab. Please contact us for information regarding our next meeting.

We are honored to be the site organizer for Conquer Chiari in AZ. This will be held on Sept. 20th, 2008 at Papago Park and proceed through the Desert Botanical Garden. On line registration is available on Conquer Chiari.com then select the Phoenix, AZ link. Or email us for additional information. An exciting time of celebration will follow the walk!

The walk & celebration is a time for family, friends, co-workers and the community to unite together and raise awareness and much needed funds for research. We look forward to making new friends and working together to make this event memorable and just the first of many! If you would like to volunteer to help at this event please send an email and join the team!
If you live in another state join the team and walk in your area!
Blessings!

kathymichelle 06-14-2008 05:05 PM

Hi there,

I wanted to thank AZ, I love, love the support that this group provides. I have been going for over 1 1/2 years.
There usually a doctor that is a believer of our condition(s).

We have a vast group of people that make it to our quarterly meetings. I love the group that we have.

When I first moved to AZ in 2006, the first thing I did was become involved in a support group. And I found this one. It's not loosely organized, it's a well thought group, but not an autocratic group. There is time for all of us. I feel valued as a member here. There is a consistency of educated, compassionate folks that you just don't find anywhere else.
If you in the PHX metro area, please give one of us a shout. I promise you won't be disappointed.

If you give us enough time, maybe someone can ride-share considering the price of gas.:eek:

Take care.

Oh and the walk-a-thon? The last one that we participated in? It was great! This one is going to be through Conquer Chiari, and I cannot think of a more CREDIBLE sponsorship for this fundraiser.

Please consider involving yourself in this worthwhile fundraise through walking, or raising money for this.

Tina411 06-23-2008 05:19 PM

Planning on walking!!

I am glad that I stumbled along this forum and found the information about the walk.

I have Chiari and Syringomyelia. I will be looking into St. Joe's/Barrows as I am not happy with my current Neurosurgeon.

Tina

AzSyringoChiari 09-01-2008 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzSyringoChiari (Post 298021)
Hello all! We would like to invite anyone in the AZ area to join us and participate in the first Walk Across America for Conquer Chiari! Our support group AZ Syringo Chiari Care & Support Group has been meeting for 10 yrs., 7 of which have been at Barrows/St. Joes Rehab. Please contact us for information regarding our next meeting.

We are honored to be the site organizer for Conquer Chiari in AZ. This will be held on Sept. 20th, 2008 at Papago Park and proceed through the Desert Botanical Garden. On line registration is available on Conquer Chiari.com then select the Phoenix, AZ link. Or email us for additional information. An exciting time of celebration will follow the walk!

The walk & celebration is a time for family, friends, co-workers and the community to unite together and raise awareness and much needed funds for research. We look forward to making new friends and working together to make this event memorable and just the first of many! If you would like to volunteer to help at this event please send an email and join the team!
If you live in another state join the team and walk in your area!
Blessings!

Great News!!

We will now be starting and ending our walk at the Desert Botanical Garden
1201 N Galvin Pkwy Phoenix, AZ 85008.

Sept. 20th, 2008 Look forward to seeing you there!

If you haven't registered yet go to conquerchiari.org to register now. For more information on our support group go to azsyringochiari.blogspot.com

Blessings,
Debbie