NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Parkinson's Disease (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/)
-   -   Depression and the foggy days - (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/47800-depression-foggy-days.html)

vertigo 06-12-2008 02:57 PM

Depression and the foggy days -

Hello everyone,
I have been in the foggy land some months, its a wonderful feeling to leave this land and discover the other life again.
My friends are still here, the other ones is not here, I have learned to accept the P.D. , I feel free. I believe that I can have some good years if I respect myself , my dignity.

Charlie has been a patient whipper, telling me not to give up,use my doctor and get the right medication. He demanded me to go outside every day, no excuse, no may bee, - you have to.
At last I understood, I have P.D., I have a choice , I have to it myself. It is my body, my life . It is a strange feeling , I feel free, I will live , my old life "good by".

My children will think that I have become strange and irresponsible, - but I will do it my way. They will be there, but not in the center anymore.

Thank you to Charlie , being concrete and unsentimental , pushing me.
Love and good feelings to everyone in the Forum.

annelise:grouphug:

chasmo 06-12-2008 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vertigo (Post 299441)
Hello everyone,
I have been in the foggy land some months, its a wonderful feeling to leave this land and discover the other life again.
My friends are still here, the other ones is not here, I have learned to accept the P.D. , I feel free. I believe that I can have some good years if I respect myself , my dignity.

Charlie has been a patient whipper, telling me not to give up,use my doctor and get the right medication. He demanded me to go outside every day, no excuse, no may bee, - you have to.
At last I understood, I have P.D., I have a choice , I have to it myself. It is my body, my life . It is a strange feeling , I feel free, I will live , my old life "good by".

My children will think that I have become strange and irresponsible, - but I will do it my way. They will be there, but not in the center anymore.

Thank you to Charlie , being concrete and unsentimental , pushing me.
Love and good feelings to everyone in the Forum.

annelise:grouphug:

You'd do the same for me Annelise. You are too nice a lady to stand idly by and let something unfortunate happen to you.

your friend for life!
CHarlie

jcitron 06-13-2008 12:15 PM

Annelise,

I am so glad to hear from you. :D I was going to PM you to see how you are doing because you hadn't logged in here for a while.

I too have accepted what has happened to me, and I feel much better about it. I've decided to do things I never thought I would do, and my family thinks I too am a bit "off" now as well.

You and Charlie are correct. The best thing to do is to get outside and enjoy what you can while you can. :)

All the best always. :grouphug:

John

chasmo 06-13-2008 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcitron (Post 300310)
Annelise,

I am so glad to hear from you. :D I was going to PM you to see how you are doing because you hadn't logged in here for a while.

I too have accepted what has happened to me, and I feel much better about it. I've decided to do things I never thought I would do, and my family thinks I too am a bit "off" now as well.

You and Charlie are correct. The best thing to do is to get outside and enjoy what you can while you can. :)

All the best always. :grouphug:

John

John;
the reason I pushed Annelise to go outside, was because that is one of the best things you can do for depression. Sunlight is good for depression. It has miraculous healing powers for it. Sunlight, and the attendant physical activity that go with getting it, are two of the three best things you can do for yourself. The third being getting on your doctor to prescribe a antidpressant THAT WORKS for you. Depression is the most unrecognized and untreated symtoms we have to deal with.

Charlie

vertigo 06-18-2008 04:31 PM

Depression, friends, dignity and changing

Hello Charley, jcitron - and the rest of you-
I have changed during my depression , the full accept and understanding of my disease Parkinson has done this.
My feeling of being free has something to do with my respect for life and my own dignity. If people leave me ,treat me like a child , drunk, making me feel invisible; I do not accept it.
I am going to find new friends, my family can be my friends ,if not , I accept it without cling to my children ,grandchildren ,sister, brothers.

The future is for me , I have to it my way, then I CAN CONTINUE to live.
My plan is clear, and I am afraid , -and looking forward to act when I still can. This summer I am going to Svalbard on a cruise with the "Northstar".
In September a am going to Island .
I am going to move to a little town, with little white houses , buying a nice flat near the sea. I have really good friends there, my church, the nones, and my children stay there in the summertime.

Every day is not pink and shining, but I feel my new point of view, it is a different focus. May be women can recognize this better than men, we are used to have focus on children and caring for others in our bones, - i have-.
Charlie gave me a kick , and the process started.

Parkinson makes my body " like a candle in the wind", but i can still use my mind, and take care of my dignity.

annelise

indigogo 06-18-2008 05:01 PM

annelise - your words are beautiful, and mean much to me; depression is my greatest burden. Thank you for posting.

Evon 06-18-2008 07:30 PM

You are not alone.

I agree with all of the above advice. Getting outside into the sunshine does wonders for me, I find that the winters are hard because we stay inside a lot. You need to get out walking and talking to people, it lifts your spirits. Accepting P.D. is a good thing too and learning all you can about it so that you can recognize what is working and what is not. I know I have changed a lot since dxs 5 years ago and I'm sure all of my friends and family notice how I have a new attitude about everything. I often wonder if they think I am crazy too but this is my jouney and I will do it my way.
As much as I hate taking all the meds sometimes it is necessary for some of us with P.D. to take the antidepressants, it is amazing how they can lift you out of a deep, dark place and make everything seem much brighter and more hopeful. Take comfort in knowing you are not alone Annaleise, all of here are walking the same path.

pacem 06-18-2008 09:12 PM

foggy days

I find Rhodiola helps greatly with the brainfog.