NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Sanctuary for Spiritual Support (https://www.neurotalk.org/sanctuary-for-spiritual-support/)
-   -   Update on my brother (https://www.neurotalk.org/sanctuary-for-spiritual-support/48398-update-brother.html)

suzyqz_2007 06-20-2008 10:17 PM

Update on my brother

Thank you everyone for all the kind thoughts and prayers. My brother spent all day with his dr. today. Sunday they will do an MRI The did countless blood tests as well as complete physical. The dr. found a "nodule" on his thyroid so they did an ultra sound.

While he was there my brother had an episode of extreme head pain, turned stark white and almost passed out. He had been feeling fine up until then. Afterwards he had a terrible headache and was extremely tired. He is not allowed to drive until they have determined what is going on. He was told that the "nodule" on the thyroid could or could not be part of the problem, it's possible it's something totally different. They are not ruling out anything until all the tests results are back.

:grouphug:

Twinkletoes 06-20-2008 10:36 PM

That's very frightening! I hope he gets some answers very soon. Thanks for giving us an update, SuzyQZ. Prayers being said for you and your dear brother.

Kitty 06-21-2008 06:48 AM

Wow, that's scary, Suzy. I guess it's a good thing he had the episode of head pain while he was there with the doctor...at least they got to see first hand what he's going through.

I hope the thyroid thing is nothing serious. Please keep us posted. :hug:

AfterMyNap 06-21-2008 07:24 AM

Wow, that is scary stuff! Let's hope it's something that can be treated and corrected quickly. The poor guy. :(

Thanks for the update.

DejaVu 06-21-2008 01:20 PM

Sorry he continues to have....

a difficult time.:(

Yet, I, too, am glad the doctor had witnessed an episode first hand, if this must persist.

I am additionally glad they are not wasting any time in getting some testing done!

I will continue to remember you and your brother...all of your family... in my prayers/meditation.:hug:

My heart goes out to you both!

SandyC 06-21-2008 02:06 PM

Keeping you all in my prayers.

ali12 06-22-2008 08:27 AM

I am so sorry to hear about your brother - thank you for updating us.

You are both in my thoughts and prayers

Alison

DM 06-22-2008 02:15 PM

Hey Suz~ I just went through this w/one of my brothers. He had fallen and when they gave him a scan, they found a nodule on his thyroid. Well, after a bx and another scan, they found it to be benign. It took a few wks of testing for him to get a clean bill of health, but I was really nervous for him.

Let's hope your brother has negative results and that he's feeling better soon.