NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   Where do you keep your medications? (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/48761-medications.html)

Mari 06-26-2008 11:52 AM

Where do you keep your medications?

Hi,
I'm wondering where people keep their medications and if they find some places work better than others.
Also, do you ever worry about guests in your home seeing your meds?

In this poll you can choose as many options as you want.
If I left anything out, post about it.
Thank you.

Mari

bizi 06-26-2008 12:06 PM

The bottles keep next to the tooth brush in the medicine cabinet...
Actually, I have to take out my pills and put them on a towel along with my vitamins as a visual reminder, actually looking at them layed out too.
That is my routine.
It is great To chew a chocolate calcium chew twice a day and I take magnesium only at bedtime now.
take all of my other vitamins/supplements in the morning.

bizi

Mari 06-26-2008 12:07 PM

I'm not very neat about my meds and need room to spread out.
I also have a bunch of vits and supplements (that I forget to take) that I keep in the same place.

I use two shelves of a book case in the living room because it is well lighted and I pass by it so often that it is convenient.
Hubby and I have different sleep schedules, so the next logical place, the bedroom, is out. I don't want to have to hunt around in the dark while he is sleeping to find my meds.

Of course it would be a little weird if we ever had house guests because I would worry a little about what they thought but I would worry more about their touching my stuff / moving it around / running off with some of it.

M

Mari 06-26-2008 12:13 PM

Bizi,
Lately I've been taking my meds only once a day. I noticed that I feel less anxiety about remembering to take them.

Also, I have started taking the pills out of the bottles and putting them on my desk so I can look at them for about 15 mintues. It helps to see them. That way I don't have to wonder if I took the meds or not.
Of course, I could use one of my many pill minders but I have not gotten myself organized enough to do that --- maybe tonight. :cool:

M.

Pamster 06-26-2008 01:33 PM

I keep mine in a clear mini backpack in a cabinet in the kitchen and YES I definitely worry since people think things when they see medication bottles, and with the number I have for myself and Jackie (it fills that backpack up sadly) I always close that cabinet when I know we're having people over who aren't family and in the know about how much medication we (Jackie and I) take. Good poll question Mari. I use two pill organizers, ones that are four times a day, I take meds three times a day but Jackie needs it four times a day.

befuddled2 06-26-2008 05:01 PM

I keep mine on my table and that was how a neighbor was able to tell about me. I regret ever since leaving it out. I sure will hide it for when my date picks me up.

Abbie 06-26-2008 08:30 PM

I keep my medicines and vitamins on the headboard of my bed.... since I take some when I wake up... it's the first thing I see. The others I take at bedtime...kinda hard to forget them for me when they are right there.

I also don't want any one to know what meds I am on.... I don't want them anywhere anyone can see them.

:hug:
Abbie