NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Alan Osmond and new med (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/49233-alan-osmond-med.html)

Earl 07-03-2008 06:27 PM

Alan Osmond and new med

Hey all,
This could be considered a medical post but I thought it went better here.

Alan Osmond went on Inside Edition today and told them/us about the new experimental drug he is infusing twice a week for his MS. He said it is not FDA approved but in all the years of having MS, this is best drug so far. He said he has more energy, more strength, and feels better than he ever has and he is 59. The drug is called FX-1019. Anyone heard of it?

He also said he was an advisor and major share holder that makes the serum.

I guess there are more perks to having $$$$$$$

Erin524 07-03-2008 07:14 PM

http://www.wipo.int/pctdb/en/wo.jsp?...1&DISPLAY=DESC

Kitty 07-03-2008 07:16 PM

I'll let him test it out first. It'll probably take a few years for the potential side effects to show up.

I googled FX-1019 and came up with nothing (except a bunch of radio station sites). The only drug that was mentioned that Alan Osmond tested is called Aimspro and it's based on goat serum (whatever that is).

Sounds like wishful thinking to me - but if it works for him then more power to him. Do you have a website or something you can post the link to?

SallyC 07-03-2008 07:41 PM

Alan has a website about this drug and he's been doing it for a couple of years now. I think it's a spinoff of the goat serum drug, Amspro..:rolleyes:

I hope it is helping him, but you just never know, with MS.....Just like I keep hoping my LDN is working for me.:)

AfterMyNap 07-03-2008 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herekitty1960 (Post 315252)
I'll let him test it out first. It'll probably take a few years for the potential side effects to show up.

Yeah, something about huge teeth and cheesy clothes...

PolarExpress 07-03-2008 11:19 PM

Well, I suppose if Chinese Hamster ovaries work for MS, why not goat serum..?

Erin524 07-04-2008 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PolarExpress (Post 315395)

Are the Chinese hamster ovaries full of lead and mercury?

Makes you wonder about all the poor childless hamsters running around. I guess there wouldnt be all that many of them running around, since they wouldnt be able to reproduce. I wonder if they let the hamsters have at least one litter before they steal the ovaries, you know, so they'll have a steady supply of hamster ovaries.

Kitty 07-04-2008 07:11 AM

Hamsters and goats......on my! :p

Well, I guess I could put the goat in my backyard (he can keep the grass mowed!). The hamster will have to hang out in Matt's room. He keeps his door closed and the cats aren't allowed in there.

Just wondering.....how did they (and who did this?) figure out that hamster ovaries helped MS? Same thing with goat serum. What the heck is goat serum anyway? Can you get it from the goat without hurting it? :confused: :p :D

Not trying to make light of the research - but you just gotta ask yourself how they came to the conclusion that these animals could help us. :rolleyes:

wkikta 07-04-2008 09:42 AM

FX-1019 is an animal medication that is in very early preclinical human studies. It says that it is for the peripheral nervous system, but they think it may be of benefit for MS. I would guess it will be at least 10 years before anything would come of it.

He was very positive on the goat serum for a long time. Must be nice to have lots of money to pursue all sorts of things.:rolleyes:

hjmom 07-06-2008 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PolarExpress (Post 315395)

What I wonder is why CHINESE hamsters??