NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Myasthenia Gravis (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/)
-   -   Winter is coming...and... (https://www.neurotalk.org/myasthenia-gravis/4934-winter-coming.html)

Maxwell'sMom 10-28-2006 12:45 PM

Winter is coming...and...

Okay, every year my very heavy booted feet and legs get so tired that I dread putting boots on as it adds to my fatigue.

So, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say a products name so I'll just say that I just ordered a pair of wonderful...and I do mean Wonderfully Light rubber type boots from a certain vermont based catalog. The title of the catalog has some L's in it, and a veggie like oh, say...beans in it.

I ordered the storm chaser slip on's, and the strom chaser clog type ones, and they are actually much much lighter than my gym shoes. Not heavy at all.

Just thought I'd share, if you want to know the name of the catalog, let me know, and I'm pm you...:)
Love lizzie

loisba 10-28-2006 04:35 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, Lizzie. I do believe I can guess which catalog it is. :D I do something similar, though homemade. I can't bear the weight of a regular coat on my neck, so every couple of years I make myself a winter coat, using the lightest weight (but warm!) polar fleece I can find. Then I line it with a very light weight cotton, which serves to keep the cold winds from blowing through the polar fleece, and I have a super light, super warm coat. I alter the pattern if necesary when I'm making it so that it is cut a little lower in the back of the neck, and so there's no chance at all of it pulling on my neck muscles.
Hugs,

Maxwell'sMom 10-30-2006 11:28 AM

Hmmmmm interesting, and I thought I was being very vague..:D
I wore them all weekend, and they are as light as a feather. And most importantly, they are waterproof, and very comfy.
They come in all sorts of colors as well.
Unless a person has problems with their muscles, one usually doesn't think too much about heavy foot wear, but heavy boots etc, are killers for my legs sometimes.
So I thought others might have the same problem.
The heavy coats also are a problem, but I don't have the energy right now to make anything.
You know, you might want to sell that Idea to some coat designer to make something for us. You could make some cash for
yourself.
Just a thought.
Love Lizzie

Ro from Vermont 10-30-2006 03:16 PM

Hey Lizzie,
I'm from Vermont & love that catalog as well.

Would like to claim them as home stock, but I do believe they hail from Freeport, Maine! LOL Ever make it to Kittery, Maine & I think you'll find an outlet store. ;)

One of my favorite shoes is their all weather mocs. :D

Think warm thoughts, we had snow here last week....:eek:
Ro

Maxwell'sMom 10-31-2006 09:16 AM

lololololololololol....

Oh, my goodness...:eek: When did they move to Maine?
Ya know, I've been ordering from them for years, and I never, and I mean never remember they aren't in Vermont.
Okay, I've given out miss information...:D
I bought a pair of wonderfully light shoes, from a certain Maine catalog....:D with a couple of L's in it's title, and a veggie like, oh say beans in the title...:D
Love ya's
Lizzie