NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   30 million and Baxtor (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/49448-30-million-baxtor.html)

chrishadms 07-07-2008 01:37 PM

30 million and Baxtor

On Monday I meet with Baxtor Pharmaceuticals, Accentia, and Johns Hopkins to try to nail down 30 million dollars to start doing Revimmune as a common MS treatment starting ASAP across the nation.

If you have a MRI with any activity in it you need to call:

Carrie Trecker
Johns Hopkins Hospital
600 N. Wolfe St., Meyer 113
Baltimore, MD 21287

Phone: (410) 502-2574
Fax: (410) 614-1530

Rush University Medical Center
1653 W. Congress Parkway
Chicago, IL 60612

Phone: (312) 942-8011 [MS Center direct]

I am done posting on this site and will continue my progress reports

To those of you who are happy to have MS and want to fill others with gloom and doom about why everything can't work and why nothing can. Congradulations...you are right!

Now I am sorry but that is condescending and you know who you are, that is directed too.

Victor H 07-07-2008 01:48 PM

I wish you the best of luck with the treatment.

-Vic

Snoopy 07-07-2008 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrishadms (Post 317797)
To those of you who are happy to have MS and want to fill others with gloom and doom about why everything can't work and why nothing can. Congradulations...you are right!

Chris, I had decided to ignore your posts just because you seem to be stuck on what you believe - fine, you have the right to believe what you want.

However, your statement went a bit far, IMO. You are now putting people down if they have a different opinion and do not believe what you believe. I find that totally unacceptable.

I do not do the doom and gloom thing, it's a waste of energy. I also don't fill anyone with doom and gloom but I do tend to tell it like it is as many here will.

Not a single person I know is happy about MS and we live our lives to the best of our ability. We make the decisions and choices we feel are best for us, they might be different than yours but NO ONE is wrong in the choices they make with this disease.

suzyqz_2007 07-07-2008 04:08 PM

I agree 100% with Snoopy.

But I will still wish you the best of luck with your treatment.

ewizabeth 07-07-2008 05:06 PM

Chris,

I was just at another site and you said you were done with NT. What's the story? Isn't it a bit immature to act this way just because everybody doesn't agree with you? You're obviously excited about your results but there's no reason to act this way. :rolleyes: BTW, I'm very happy for your results too, but wish you could lighten up, sheesh.

Blessings2You 07-07-2008 05:12 PM

I'm trying to imagine what's in the mind of a person who would accuse someone else of being "happy" to have MS.

Taffy 07-07-2008 05:53 PM

Welp, best of luck to you! I seriously mean it. I need to stick with what the Dr. and insurance company says I can have.

tovaxin_lab_rat 07-07-2008 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ewizabeth (Post 317926)
Chris,

I was just at another site and you said you were done with NT. What's the story? Isn't it a bit immature to act this way just because everybody doesn't agree with you? You're obviously excited about your results but there's no reason to act this way. :rolleyes: BTW, I'm very happy for your results too, but wish you could lighten up, sheesh.

I asked him just that Wiz....he says he's not coming back here to answer any more questions or post anymore. We love having MS and don't like change. So be it!! :eek:

SandyC 07-07-2008 07:23 PM

HEY!!!!!! I take offense to that statement of doom and gloom! I just posted a happy thread dagnabit! ;)

BTW, good luck with your project and outcome even if you are being a tad condensending. Maybe they will come up with another treatment out there for those who assume they know how one should treat themselves when sick? :rolleyes:

PS: Please tell Baxter, Accentia and John we all said hello!

starfish 07-07-2008 10:40 PM

Gee whiz, If I was 33 and meeting with folks to raise 30 million dollars, I think my head might swell a little. I just saw this after responding to the other post.

If we can respect his choice, he should be respecting our choices. After all, this program is only being done at one place, and there are 400,000 folks in this country with MS.