NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Pets & Wildlife (https://www.neurotalk.org/pets-and-wildlife/)
-   -   Treasure Cody Golden Boy is ill (https://www.neurotalk.org/pets-and-wildlife/49826-treasure-cody-golden-boy-ill.html)

Doodle bug7 07-12-2008 08:08 AM

Treasure Cody Golden Boy is ill

Treasure (Tres) is sick and spent the night at our Vets clinic. Found out that he has an inflamed pancreas We have seven dogs and he is the only one that became ill. Of course it is not something contagious .
Tres. is the dog we rescued from the dog pound. He had been living on the streets eating cat food from a little old lady with cats. She eventually turned him in to animal control. He was malnourished, vomiting, blood infection, mites and fleas all over him. We actually went to the pound looking for my daughters friends dog that had run away.
When we first saw Tres, with his beautiful sad eyes, I knew we had to take him. The dogs usually have a $35 fee to pay but animal control people said nothing about paying that as they thought he wasn't going to make it anyway.
This all happened six years ago.
We nursed him to health then and he truelly loves us and I think he knows we made him well when no one else cared.
Tres has been healthy and happy for all of those six years until now.
He was our second dog out of seven and we couldn't love him more.
We are watching him closely and giving him his meds.
Truely a Believer, Doodle bug7

Kitty 07-12-2008 08:23 AM

I will keep Treasure in my prayers and hope that what he has is easily corrected.

I'd do anything for my pets as I'm sure you would, too. They become a part of our hearts and our family very quickly! :hug:

Doodle bug7 07-12-2008 11:51 AM

Taking care of the animals in our life

Here Kitty, that is so true that we would do anything for our animals. When it is hot outside, our pets are in the air conditioned house. When it is cold out, they are in where it is warm.
I also have a cat that is now 11 yrs. old.
All our dogs have at least three names. We're not eccentric or retarded, it is just fun. It's just amusing to us I guess. Are you ready?
Apolo Anton Ono Kramer Hall --- Australian Shepard mix
Treasure Cody Golden Boy --- Golden Retriever, chow mix
Raylee Rayanne wind runner --- Italian greyhound
Oliver Fairan Joseph --- Miniature Poodle
Phoenix Arizona Rowdy boy --- Golden Retriever ( blind ) 3yrs. old
Luke skywalker Darth Vador ---Golden Retriever ( blind ) 3 yrs. old
Alexandria Issabelle Rhapsody in blue --- Black great dane
Now you know what we do. Lots of chores!
Anybody have any pet names to share? Take care.
Truely a believer, Doodle bug7

Nik-key 07-12-2008 01:49 PM

Hi Doodle bug,

I think your names are all cute. I am sorry to hear about Tres, I hope he will recover quickly!

Jomar 07-12-2008 11:20 PM

LOL My horse's original name was -

Filbert Albert Delbert - they would call for him to come in from the pasture
" Hey , Filby Alby Delby" :)
I changed it to Shannon - it was supposed to be short for Shenandoah , but we never did call him by that name.

Doody 07-14-2008 09:13 AM

((Doodle Bug)) how is Tres today? I hope he is improving as each second passes.

Doodle bug7 07-15-2008 07:43 AM

Our prayers are being answered for Treasure

I am so happy to report that Treasure is starting to rally around and he took his last pill on Sunday. He feels good enough to be the sentry as well. I call him the sentry because he lets everyone know if he see's a cat, a car, a cow, a
blade of grass move, a tree swaying in the breeze. The one thing that gives a different kind of bark is when he see's a human outside of our house. That is a rare occasion as we live in the middle of nowhere. Treasure will wait at the bottom of the stairs for me to come in and close the door, then he will come up.
I sure missed that and I always feel safe with Tres to watch over me.
Thankyou for your concern and kindness.It feels so good:hug:to have support from others .
p.s. He ate some rice today. Truely a believer,
Doodle bug7

Bearygood 07-15-2008 10:11 AM

Doodle, I am happy to hear that Treasure is doing better! :)

Doody 07-15-2008 01:19 PM

Doodle, that's great news. Thanks for checking back in to let us know.