NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Cable outages and med reactions (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/49988-cable-outages-med-reactions.html)

braingonebad 07-15-2008 07:48 AM

Cable outages and med reactions

Finally can get online (and use the phone and watch tv) after 4 days of cable outs.

:mad:

What was up with that? The weather wasn't even bad lol. Stoopid cable co asks why we didn't call. Well how can you when your phone is down?

:p

Anyhoo....

I was using that flector patch and arthotech (when I swim, take the patch off and use the pill, same med). Had a rash break out in the area where I was applying the patch a week and a half ago. But also all month of June kept feeling flu-like, extremely tired and achey.

Immediately stopped both meds when the rash occured. I won't bore you with how the pain is, you can imagine. Good news is that sick achey feeling is gone. (And here I thought it was a fibro flare lol)

So I called the doc and he's going to have me try Lodine - I understand it's another NSAID.

Anybody tried this one?

I'm kinda bummed about this whole thing. Sick of trying one med after another, all that time waiting to see a dr, hoping he can help, waiting to get some different med, hoping it won't have horrible side effects - then living through them.

Some don't do anything and I'm out another co pay. And the ones that do work seem not to work long.

I wonder if anyone just finds pain relief that works and they live that way or if they're all like me, constantly searching. I shouldn't complain. At least I have a doc who is trying.

weegot5kiz 07-15-2008 08:03 AM

i am going through this with spasm meds and tightness of muscles some work for a bit some not at all and each time it cost me sometimes i get lucky and nero the neuro has samples, sorry you are dealing with this brain, i have not tried the one you mentioned sorry

DM 07-16-2008 07:51 AM

Hey Cathy! Glad you got your cable fixed; it's a bummer not being about to connect in any way to the outside world. I agree wholeheartedly w/you. I can't get rid of the every day pain that haunts me. If I take the Darvocet, then I feel dizzy and I just don't like it. If I take opt for Tramadol, it's like trying to cure a toothache w/a baby aspirin.

Lyrica makes me loopy feeling *and we all know I don't need that medically provoked* ha!

I woke up last night w/a cramp in my leg that literally ached all night. I couldn't get out of bed to even try and straighten my leg out. Today, I feel like I've been beat up. I hope someone can help w/Brain's question, as I'd just about try anything to alleviate the flu type aches.

Glad to have ya back onboard, Cath~ How's the critters doing? I miss your updates.