NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   More testing (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/50185-testing.html)

Snoopy 07-17-2008 03:07 PM

More testing

Just saw my neuro today and he wants to be extra sure we are not dealing with anything other than the MS so I'm doing MRIs tomorrow. My pain has increased a little so he upped the Trileptal.

Does anyone ever feel they just don't have time for this crap?

That's how I feel right now. My husband has surgery next Thursday for a herniated disc, my son moves into the college dorm Aug. 21st and we haven't even bought some of the stuff he needs :eek: I take and pick-up my DD from work monday thru friday - Im' still her taxi :p

Okay, I'm done :D

Victor H 07-17-2008 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoopy (Post 325599)
Just saw my neuro today and he wants to be extra sure we are not dealing with anything other than the MS so I'm doing MRIs tomorrow. My pain has increased a little so he upped the Trileptal.

Does anyone ever feel they just don't have time for this crap?

That's how I feel right now. My husband has surgery next Thursday for a herniated disc, my son moves into the college dorm Aug. 21st and we haven't even bought some of the stuff he needs :eek: I take and pick-up my DD from work monday thru friday - Im' still her taxi :p

Okay, I'm done :D

I hope that the MRI proves valuable to you.

Let us know how things go.

-Vic

SandyC 07-17-2008 04:56 PM

I am sure if you ask the doctor to do the MRI after your house has settled down he'd agree to that. What is he thinking is going on? Does he think this is not ms or just checking on your condition, following up, etc.? We've put off MRI's when the family is busy especially if the expected outcome isn't an emergency.

Either way, I hope nothing shows up. :hug:

Catch 07-17-2008 06:14 PM

I'd agree w/Sandy. Unless you're really concerned about something serious going on and the dr feels the MRI is urgently needed, I'd put it off a couple of weeks and take what little amount of stress out of your life that you can.

:hug:

starfish 07-17-2008 07:11 PM

Hi Snoopy,

You have alot on your plate. If there is no immediate reason to have this done right away, maybe your can wait until your college bound child is all set up and your hubby has had his surgery and is in bed for a while.

I had a disc removed and a fusion done last year, so I know your DH will be in la la land and not moving much after his surgery.

If you have a real serious issue, by all means get that out of the way first.

Best wishes for you both.

hjmom 07-17-2008 09:05 PM

Hi Snoopy,

Boy he scheduled that MRI fast! Usually they at least make me wait a couple of weeks. Hope things work out for you. I understand how you feel - life gets in the way a lot for me too. It's rough sometimes. Hang in there :hug:

tkrik 07-17-2008 09:26 PM

I hope all goes well tomorrow with your MRIs. Let us know how everything goes. Hang in there Snoopy, your doing just fine.:hug:

tovaxin_lab_rat 07-17-2008 10:21 PM

Hey Snoops, keep us posted on what's going on....sounds like you're going in 16 different directions! I can lend you my gps if you need directions!!!

Hang in there...:hug:

I hope your doc gets to the bottom of all this pain you've been going through lately....

MSacorn 07-17-2008 10:31 PM

Snoopy
It may just be the stress of your family obligations looming increasing your pain. I hope the upped Trileptal does bring some relief.

I too hate the horrible timing MS has. Just when you think you can't take one more thing on POP there it is, how rude.

Also, I'm concerned you doc thinks it maybe something other then MS. Did he say what he was thinking?

I hope you just get the testing out of the way. One less thing on your plate. Try and rest as much as you can too.

:hug:'s

sassy 07-18-2008 08:33 AM

Hey, just think that will be one more thing out of the way and not hanging over you. And try to sleep the 2+ hours away!

I hope you get some answers.