NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/)
-   -   My new doc is a quack! (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/50363-doc-quack.html)

ladyhellmuth 07-20-2008 03:12 PM

My new doc is a quack!

Hey guys,
Sorry I haven't been on in a while. The baby just turned 1 in may, and she is demanding a lot of attention. But she still is a great girl.
I had to switch doctors because of insurance, and my regular doc told me that he couldn't treat me anymore so I would have to go to a pain management clinic. One problem, there aren't any that take my insurance, so I called around looking for any doc that was familiar with TOS and was willing to treat me. Most of the docs didn't know what it was, or they just wanted to send me to a surgeon. I finally found one, so I went to see him, and he said, "so what makes you think you have TOS?" I handed him my inch high reports and results and he just glanced through them and said, "TOS is a bullsh*t syndrome that some doctor in Colorado made up to make money." My jaw dropped:eek:, I knew he was referring to Dr. Saunders. He then said "Which arm" so i said both and threw his arms up in the air and said "You are kidding, nobody has TOS in both. Something else is going on" I said OK what do you think it is? Anyway this went on for a while and I told him the meds that I had been on through the years and he pretty much blew me off and made comments that I was depressed and it was all in my head. He sent me home with a presciption for Soma and an anti-inflammitory. He also wanted to do this test called an evoked potential test. The insurance company wanted more info on it, but the doc refused to give them it, so no test was done. He wanted to see me the following week for a re-evaluation. I complied and went back and he insulted me again saying it was in my head, because the meds didn't work.
Again he wanted to see me in a week, but I cancelled that appointment.
I don't need a doctor who is not going to believe me and just insist that I keep coming back every week. He's in it for the money! Not to mention the foul mouth that I have to listen to when I go there.
What do I do now?:confused: I have been off my pain meds for so long that I am really starting to hurt bad.
Thanks for listening to me rant.
Jessica:grouphug:

sabimax 07-20-2008 03:50 PM

evoked potential testing is good though..if you have troubles with limbs...not sure what kind of trouble you have..good luck, sounds like a duck dr though..hugssss,sarah

billy027 07-20-2008 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladyhellmuth (Post 327330)
Hey guys,
Sorry I haven't been on in a while. The baby just turned 1 in may, and she is demanding a lot of attention. But she still is a great girl.
I had to switch doctors because of insurance, and my regular doc told me that he couldn't treat me anymore so I would have to go to a pain management clinic. One problem, there aren't any that take my insurance, so I called around looking for any doc that was familiar with TOS and was willing to treat me. Most of the docs didn't know what it was, or they just wanted to send me to a surgeon. I finally found one, so I went to see him, and he said, "so what makes you think you have TOS?" I handed him my inch high reports and results and he just glanced through them and said, "TOS is a bullsh*t syndrome that some doctor in Colorado made up to make money." My jaw dropped:eek:, I knew he was referring to Dr. Saunders. He then said "Which arm" so i said both and threw his arms up in the air and said "You are kidding, nobody has TOS in both. Something else is going on" I said OK what do you think it is? Anyway this went on for a while and I told him the meds that I had been on through the years and he pretty much blew me off and made comments that I was depressed and it was all in my head. He sent me home with a presciption for Soma and an anti-inflammitory. He also wanted to do this test called an evoked potential test. The insurance company wanted more info on it, but the doc refused to give them it, so no test was done. He wanted to see me the following week for a re-evaluation. I complied and went back and he insulted me again saying it was in my head, because the meds didn't work.
Again he wanted to see me in a week, but I cancelled that appointment.
I don't need a doctor who is not going to believe me and just insist that I keep coming back every week. He's in it for the money! Not to mention the foul mouth that I have to listen to when I go there.
What do I do now?:confused: I have been off my pain meds for so long that I am really starting to hurt bad.
Thanks for listening to me rant.
Jessica:grouphug:

Jessica,

What area do you live in? Someone could recommend a Doctor that specializes or at least treats TOS.

astern 07-20-2008 06:06 PM

what a j-e-r-k. :mad:

gibbrn 07-21-2008 01:11 PM

sorry

to hear that you had such a bad experience with an totally uneducated physician who is in it for the money.....repeat customers...000000000 due to his nasty attitude! No answers for you but you are in my thoughts and prayers!!!!
love and hugs,
Victoria:hug::hug:

ladyhellmuth 07-21-2008 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billy027 (Post 327387)
Jessica,

What area do you live in? Someone could recommend a Doctor that specializes or at least treats TOS.

I live in Sebring Florida. I checked the doctors list, and the docs in florida on the list don't take my insurance. I think I will call my insurance company again and beg them to let me see somebody else.
Thanks to all!

sabimax 07-21-2008 04:58 PM

hugsss again..and good luck, sarah

Junie 07-21-2008 06:00 PM

Mean Doctors suck, and I know, I was a nurse until car wreck took that from me, a good one is hard to find but worth their weight:hug: in gold and I hope you find one soon!!

thursday 07-21-2008 10:05 PM

Man!!! I really hate that you had to waste time and money on this great @#$ of a doctor- not to mention the stress he put you thru- with no relief to boot!!!!!! :icon_mad:
I hope things turn around soon! Hopefully someone will know someone, who knows someone with the same insurance, that has a doctor, that can treat your TOS pain.
Good Luck

Junie 07-21-2008 10:29 PM

I found mine by listening to my SIL run down a Dr that is not afraid to write a Rx. My Sil is a nurse that works with addicts so in her eyes any dr that writes a script for pain meds is horrible! My Dr is very knowledgeable and kind. I do go to a pain Center for the hard stuff:)