NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Computers and Technology (https://www.neurotalk.org/computers-and-technology/)
-   -   What is Blue tooth? (https://www.neurotalk.org/computers-and-technology/50438-blue-tooth.html)

Pamster 07-21-2008 04:21 PM

What is Blue tooth?

I am so utterly lost when it comes to blue tooth, can someone help me understand what it does and why it's good? Thanks everyone! :D

Curious 07-21-2008 04:24 PM

with a cell phone, it lets you talk hands free. not like using ear phones, no cords. nothing to get in the way or tangle.

you walk arond looking like mr spock. :wink: jk. i tease my husband about the ear piece. it just hooks on your ear.

i have a nissan. my car has blue tooth. so when i'm driving i can look like i'm talking to myself. not even an ear piece. ( the car has a microphone and the other person comes over the speakers)

Pamster 07-21-2008 04:27 PM

That's awesome! What does it do for computers? Does it enhance wireless networking somehow? Thanks for the fast reply Curious, I really appreciate the information on this, I bet I am not alone in being confused about what its benefits are. :D

Junie 07-21-2008 04:50 PM

I would goog:)le the question and I bet you get all the info you never wanted:)

Pamster 07-21-2008 05:03 PM

I thought about it but I decided others here might have wondered about it too and thought it worth posting here. ;) :D Good idea though Junie.:D

Bobbi 07-21-2008 08:08 PM

From the Help & Support files on VISTA hard drive (might be on XP, too; I didn't check):

What is Bluetooth wireless technology?

Bluetooth technology uses radio transmissions to enable devices such as computers, printers, mice, or mobile phones to communicate wirelessly over a short distance. Some of the ways to use Bluetooth technology are:
  • To transfer files between computers or between a computer and another device
  • To print using a Bluetooth enabled wireless printer
  • To use a Bluetooth enabled wireless keyboard or mouse
  • To listen to music using Bluetooth enabled wireless headphones
  • To synchronize a Bluetooth enabled personal digital assistant (PDA) to a computer or another device
  • To create a wireless connection to the Internet with a Bluetooth enabled mobile phone or a modem server
  • To join a Bluetooth personal area network (PAN)

Pamster 07-21-2008 09:25 PM

Thanks Bobbi! That was really just what I wanted to know, just like what Curious posted, it answered my question, much appreciated! :D

Last question on Blue Tooth, do you think it's worth the money? LOL! ;) :D

MelodyL 07-21-2008 09:37 PM

Years ago, I was walking in the street when I noticed people talking to THEMSELVES. i said to Alan "what?? is everyone nuts in this world??"

I then went into the post office and I was online and the guy in back of me starts mumbling to himself. I took a good look at him and he's just standing behind me talking to himself.

I just went 'oh my god, another one who talks to himself".

Everybody burst out laughing. I said "what's so funny??"

The guy said "oh, you think I'm nuts!!!, no I'm not nuts, I'm talking to my wife".

I looked at him. I said 'where's you wife"? And he parts his hair and there was this Mr. Spock thingee in his ear.

I was duly impressed and mortified at the same time.

I immediately knew that everybody I saw talking to themselves in the streets were NOT NUTS AT ALL!!!

I will never forget that day if I live to be 100.

lol

Junie 07-21-2008 09:48 PM

My DIl loves them, she pulls ringtines and games from her friends phone if it is a bluetooth:) I Google everything!!:)

oldsteve 07-22-2008 04:11 AM

Dang! And I thought it was something that required a dentist's attention. Stupid me.