NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   What a Warm and Caring Group of Folks! (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/5054-warm-caring-folks.html)

ATallOne 10-30-2006 11:53 AM

What a Warm and Caring Group of Folks!

First and foremost pleae let me tell you how warm and kind everyone here has been to me. Thank you all so much. It's unfortunate that any of us have to meet under these circumstances but at least we are making the best of it and it always helps to share with folks who care.

Lady Express, in answer to your question I have been dealing with Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy pain for almost seven years following a car accident and than as of recent adding Peripheral Neuropathy to my menu. The accident caused neck problems and hand and wrist problems. I now have a Spinal Cord Stimulator Implant (second time around) which has malfunctioned and needs to be removed. My body feels like it is on fire 24/7 from the inside out. With little to no relief. I have balance issues, vision problems, ears ringing, swelling of the joints, Night tremors, day tremors, I have a hard time swallowing now, and the list just goes on and on.

I am only 43 and I feel like I'm 80. I just recently lost my job after 15 years, and I can no longer driver. It breaks my heart and I am still having a hard time getting over it. I have applied for SSDI and been shot down once already. I now have a attorney and am keeping my fingers crossed.

Well thats about it for the moment. Oh and I have a hard time with my memory sometimes. There! I'm DONE! Once again thank you All for welcoming me I really appreciate it. Your great!

Mark :)

lady_express_44 10-30-2006 03:01 PM

What a terrible time you are having, Mark. :(

I know the pain you speak of because I had two very bad spinal lesion attacks. I also remember describing myself as an 90 yr old, non-gendered puddle of PAIN. I feel for you, big time!

It does sound like most of your symptoms are "potentially" attributable to the MS, or could just be from other damage to the spine. I suffered that way for two years, and was going downhill at the same time.

There is no way to know for sure if LDN will work for you unless you try it, but I really wish you would. Call it a miracle or whatever, but this drug has taken virtually ALL of this pain/burning/numbness away. It only works as long as the day, but I take it every day and feel fantastic (relatively speaking). I would never have believed that was possible again, NEVER, but I have actually enjoyed my life for the last year and 1/2, since starting on this drug.

Consider this option, Mark!

Cherie

SallyC 10-30-2006 05:51 PM

Well aren't you a sweety, Mark.:) But of course we're wonderful...We are the People with MS!!;)

About LDN...I 've been taking it for 3&1/2 yrs, and it has literally stopped my MS from worsening. I was SPMS when I started it, so I already had some irreverisible nerve damage.

Lady_Express is our LDN PosterChild..:D And she is right, as it doesn't work that well for everyone. I've never had chronic pain, but I don't have pain now either.:p

Endorphins are your natural pain killers, and, if taken as directed, LDN does trick your body into producing more, so I believe Cherie's claim of pain relief. It may work for you and as Cherie says, you won't know untill you try it.

A word of caution. You can take OTC, non-narcotic type pain killers with LDN, but LDN nor your narcotic pain meds will work, if taken together. It also does not work well with immune suppressants/modulators, such as IVSM, Interferons or Chemo.

Good luck to you, Mark, in finding relief for your pain.

Chris66 10-30-2006 06:20 PM

"But of course we're wonderful...We are the People with MS!!"

And we are also the best looking group of people you'll ever meet -- after all, we are the people with MS! :D I'm sitting in a WC, I can't hold myself up, half the time I'm spazzing out with spasticity, and people still tell me how good I look. :eek: Yeah, I know. Scary. Welcome to the beautiful people, Mark.

Chris

Chris 10-31-2006 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris66 (Post 32472)
"But of course we're wonderful...We are the People with MS!!"
Chris

I couldn't have said it better (even with the name).