NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   My sister has cancer (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/50589-sister-cancer.html)

doydie 07-23-2008 11:05 PM

My sister has cancer

My sister had an MRI guided breast biopsy last week. I didn't even know they did those things. Anyway, it came back an aggresive breast cancer. She sees a surgeon next week. My oldest sister died of bone cancer and my Dad had prostate cancer. I am callling tomorrow and scheduling my mammogram of whitch I have missed for the last 3 years.

Curious 07-23-2008 11:09 PM

:( oh doydie, i am so sorry to hear this.

sending lots of prayers and hugs. :hug::hug::hug:

Twinkletoes 07-23-2008 11:11 PM

Oh my goodness, Doydie! That's too bad! :(

If they're waiting until next week for surgery, maybe that's a good sign??? I mean, it's a week away, so maybe they've caught it early enough.

Hugs to you and your dear sis. Sorry for all your losses. :hug:

Koala77 07-23-2008 11:12 PM

I'm so sorry to hear of your sister's breast cancer Doydie. My very close cousin is being treated for breast cancer at the moment, and she's doing well. I pray your sister does as well as my cousin once she starts her treatment.

Do please go have your mammogram. My last one found a lump that I didn't know I had. They tried to biopsy it under XRay guidance, but they just couldn't get to it because of it's position.

I ended up having the lump removed in hospital and it turned out to be benign ..... thank goodness.

We'll all be nagging you until you have that mammogram, so please go make an appointment! OK? :hug:

ewizabeth 07-23-2008 11:14 PM

I'm so sorry for your Sis. I hope it turns out to be non-aggressive. I'm glad you're getting a mammogram. :hug: Sending up prayers.

tovaxin_lab_rat 07-23-2008 11:19 PM

I am sorry to hear this, too. Hugs and prayers for your sister and you. I am glad that you are getting your mammogram done. :hug:

MSacorn 07-23-2008 11:35 PM

Doydie
So sorry to hear the news of your sisters cancer. I'm glad she is not hesitating to be treated. Sending prayers and positive thoughts to her and you too.

Please get that mammogram.
:hug:'s

weegot5kiz 07-24-2008 02:32 AM

sorry Doydie about the bad news, your sister and you are in my wifes and my prayers and thoughts

who moi 07-24-2008 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by weegot5kiz (Post 330234)
sorry Doydie about the bad news, your sister and you are in my wifes and my prayers and thoughts

borrowing Frank's words cause I couldn't say it better...

Jodylee 07-24-2008 05:56 AM

I'm so sorry about your sister, Doydie :(. I hope the surgery and treatment will be sucessful for her. I'm so glad you'll be having a mammogram done soon. Cancer sux!!