NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Bugs @#!*% (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/50690-bugs.html)

jprinz99 07-25-2008 11:07 AM

Bugs @#!*%

Ok, not real bugs but it sure feels I have creepy crawly things running across y skin on my feet and leg. Any tips on how to get that sensation to stop (at least for a little while)?

I have had these sensations before many times and ya' learn to live with it as eventually it stops; this time it just seems like it won't quit. I am slapping myself and scratching like crazy - nuts! I can't get much done as I am having a hard time concentrating with these imaginary bugs on me.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Now I am off to try some really snug socks - who knows, it might help...

Twinkletoes 07-25-2008 11:14 AM

I feel ya, Jane. Eeeechhh! Hate bugs!

Yeah, I get that sometimes, but only here and there, not like what you're dealing with. And I always look, just in case it's a real bug!!!

I hope your tight socks help. Try a cool shower, maybe? Rent an anteater?

Good luck! :hug:

jprinz99 07-25-2008 11:20 AM

My husband is convinced I am officially off the deep end. He just handed me the Raid spray - can't you just feel the love? :mad:

Socks didn't work, by the way.

Twinkletoes 07-25-2008 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jprinz99 (Post 331282)
My husband is convinced I am officially off the deep end. He just handed me the Raid spray - can't you just feel the love? :mad:

Socks didn't work, by the way.

Raid!!! Heheheh!

You gonna try the anteater next? :p

jprinz99 07-25-2008 11:41 AM

I was thinking of borrowing that creature in your avatar.:p

Twinkletoes 07-25-2008 11:43 AM

:ROTFLMAO::ROTFLMAO::ROTFLMAO:

Good idea, but I left Fred back in Brazil. :D

Hey, whattabout those fish that give pedicures?

jprinz99 07-25-2008 12:15 PM

I just read abou that in the paper the other day. I could only thibk "ewww". I don't think I could go for that, the very thought of fish eating my skin creeps me out more than the imaginary bugs I have right now.

What wil they come up with next? Sounds to me like it is for folks with more money than sense...

SandyC 07-25-2008 12:21 PM

I get that. For me it's RSD. I mainly get them when trying to go to sleep or sitting with my legs down. Like Twinks, I always look just to be sure! lol

Walking helps to circulate the blood but that's only a temp fix. One doctor prescribed valium to me and that didn't touch it either. It seems mine flocks up more when I am stressed.

Dang it, now I feel a bug crawling up my right leg. It must have something to do with just thinking about it too!

SallyC 07-25-2008 12:58 PM

Try Caladryl Clear lotion...Works for me..:)

weegot5kiz 07-25-2008 02:02 PM

lol sandy and twink I too always double check just in case.

Sally is it for dry skin is that why, I know I get the ms bugs out the corner of my eye a lot, but the skin part annoys me late at night