NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Need opinon (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/50829-opinon.html)

FinLady 07-27-2008 06:53 PM

Need opinon

Hi!

For those of you who have read the insight thread, you know I've been having serious issues with fatigue lately, about two weeks now.

I have to call neuro to make my next regular appointment anyways, but was wondering if I should mention this when I call. The fatigue is not going away even with being sufficently cool or with the breaks in the hot weather.

Just wanted to get everyone's take on this. Could this be indicative of a flare or just the wonderful heat vs. MS thing?

Thanks for listening.

Jodylee 07-27-2008 07:01 PM

Hey Lady :). Fatigue has been a constant problem for me since the beginning of my last flare around the end of October of last year. It's definitely worth telling your neuro. I hope you're not going into relapse :(. Maybe it is just the summer heat catching up with you. :hug: 's

Niko 07-28-2008 07:58 AM

Definitely give a call to the neuro. Describe in detail what when and what you're doing with the fatigue.

It stinks. I know -- I take Ritalin-SR (20mg) once per day... should last all day... but by Noon, the fatigue starts to build.

Talk to the doc and I hope you can find some relief!!

Niko

Dejibo 07-28-2008 07:59 AM

yep! i would call.

When fatigue becomes such an issue that it interferes with your normal activities that you NEED to get through, its time to be evaluated.

There are meds, therapies and interventions that can help. Dont suffer in silence. pick up that phone! :hug:

FinLady 07-28-2008 08:41 AM

Thanks guys. I'll definitely let them know what's going on. :hug:

SandyC 07-28-2008 10:17 AM

Hey Jenn, just saw your post that the neuro said watch the heat. Like you didn't know that huh? I hope you feel better once we start to cool down. If it continues no matter what you do I think you should call them back and request an earlier appointment. :hug:

FinLady 07-28-2008 10:21 AM

Yea. I gotta the yadda yadda. They said other MS'ers in the area are complaining about fatigue problems. They said it was the heat and keep cool. Oy Vay!

weegot5kiz 07-28-2008 10:40 AM

sorry you didnt a get a better answer:hug: :hug: :hug:

tkrik 07-28-2008 10:54 AM

(((Fin))) As you know, I am right there with you on this fatigue thing as well as being stubborn about calling the dr. LOL. I know that the humidity is really getting to me. Although, I really have no right complaining about it as you all in the more eastern states deal with it on a regular basis.

Here in the SW we are having a very unusual summer - somewhat cooler temps but higher humidity. I have talked with a few local MSers and they are having a difficult time as well.

I don't have the magic answer. I wish I did. Where you are, taking a cool/cold shower would be helpful until you get out. The moisture doesn't evaporate as it normally would here. Maybe using ice packs would work. I have done that before when I knew I would be out for a while. I have taken my fishing vest and loaded it up with the ice packs that come with my C. It works! But it does make the vest a little heavy. LOL.

If and when I get the magic answer, I'll let you know. In the meantime, monitor how you are doing with the temps and humidity level. See if there is any difference in how you feel based on the temp/humidity. (I did do this to figure out what the heck was going on and on the more humid days I was weaker, had more muscle stiffness, and slept WAY more.).

Should there be no difference, definitely give the neuro a call again. Also if you start experiencing symptoms that last for a couple of days, call and make an appointment.

FinLady 07-28-2008 12:50 PM

:grouphug: Thanks all. You are the best. Some great ideas too.

I'm trying to do little things to see if it makes a difference. Told the hubby what the neuro office said, and he's making grumbling noises in their direction, LOL. But I'm holding out to see if the stuff I'm going to do this week makes a difference and go from there.