NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   OMG!! It's supposed to be 105 degrees today!!! (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/50881-omg-supposed-105-degrees.html)

Erin524 07-28-2008 03:05 PM

OMG!! It's supposed to be 105 degrees today!!!

I cant confirm how hot it is outside here. It's 3pm and I have yet to go outside yet.

I bought some pre-made cookie dough last night (Chocolate chip!)

I wonder if I put it on a tray, and took it outside, would it bake evenly and give me tasty cookies? My car is black, maybe if I park the car in the driveway, I could bake me some cookies there?

I can tell the heat outside is affecting the air conditioning. It's warm upstairs, and it's not quite as cool in my basement as it usually is. I hope that's not a sign of impending air conditioning doom!

weegot5kiz 07-28-2008 03:09 PM

stay in and stay cool, no need to make things worse...

Blessings2You 07-28-2008 03:19 PM

I don't know where you are, but remind me not to go there...

Erin524 07-28-2008 03:22 PM

I'm starving to death, and all the food I can find in the house tastes better when cooked in the oven. I may have to venture out to the McD's and get myself and my mom something completely bad for us to eat. (but, we'll enjoy it...it's always tasty when it's bad for you)

I'm just trying to avoid going anywhere, because I havent washed my hair yet, and I'm just too lazy to get dressed today.

I might have to take advantage of our walk-in bathtub later. Fill it up with cool water, and turn the jacuzzi jets on and play with the rubber ducky. :D

We stocked up on ice cream yesterday. I have Peach Pie ice cream, and bananna split, and chocolate, and cherry chocolate chip. I'll be cool later.

I wish I'd stocked up on popsicles...cherry flavored. Oh, good, my dad is home, maybe we can get him to go back out into the hot weather to buy the popsicles!

AfterMyNap 07-28-2008 03:35 PM

It's les mis here too, I say definitely bake on the car! Make an omelette while you're at it!

dmplaura 07-28-2008 04:17 PM

Cold bath, lots of water, sit right in front of the AC (if it's a unit) out of sight of sunlight sources.

And enjoy the cookies! :) :) :)

Taffy 07-28-2008 04:20 PM

Holy fried eggs!:eek:

(It's only 75 here! Aw!.....)

SandyC 07-28-2008 05:34 PM

Can someone smack Taffy because I don't want to stick to her. :p

IT"S HOT here too but not as hot as your are Erin! :yikes:

Blessings2You 07-28-2008 05:53 PM

I think the hottest I've ever been in my life was when I lived in Boston back in 1968, the third floor apartment on Beacon Hill.

I would pull out the sofa bed, point the fan at the mattress, turn off all the lights except in the bathroom, and get in the shower, with the water turned down as cool as I could stand it.

Then I'd turn off the shower, flip off the bathroom light and leap onto the mattress soaking wet, hoping to fall asleep before I evaporated.

Erin524 07-28-2008 05:53 PM

I'm in Omaha, Nebraska. (also known as the Flaming Surface of the Sun!!)

It's currently around 90 degrees right now. (depending on which news station you believe)

The state of Nebraska issued a high heat index warning. So, I guess if it's actually 90 degrees, then the heat index says that it "feels like..." 95 degrees.

Since it's the state that's saying it would be 105 degrees, I'm guessing that depends on where you are in Nebraska right now. I just checked all the news stations to see how hot it is (in actual temperature) and they all pretty much agree it's in the 89 degree to 92 degrees range. Their heat indexes are all saying it's just under 100 degrees in the "feels like..." temperatures.

Still, if it's over 90 degrees outside, there's no way I'm going outside unless I'm wearing a personal air conditioner suit and about 10 layers of sunscreen.

It's just waaaaay too hot for me.

I just closed off the a/c vents in my dad's office in the basement. Hoping that it'll help the upstairs to cool off if I get more air pressure going thru the duct work. My dad's office has no windows, and we keep the door open, so it should stay cool. (plus, it has a ceiling fan)

I have all the ceiling fans spinning upstairs...trying to keep the air moving. Also closed all the blinds on the side of the house the sun is on now. Made my mom mad that she cant just look out the window from the other side of the room, but why let all that hot sunlight into the room?