NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   General Mental Health & Emotional Support (https://www.neurotalk.org/general-mental-health-and-emotional-support/)
-   -   I NEED to talk about my day (https://www.neurotalk.org/general-mental-health-and-emotional-support/51163-talk-day.html)

Wiix 07-31-2008 09:38 PM

...........:(

Bannet 08-01-2008 10:38 AM

Hey Wiix:hug:

I'll listen!!!

Wiix 08-01-2008 10:53 AM

I deleted my first post this morning. I made it last night after a very frustrating HOT day and I was very upset.

It's my reaction to a situation that I just can't help. Anything to do with car troubles and getting screwed over by a mechanic REALLY upsets me. I am hoping that today will finalize the problem but I don't have much hope. It seems when things in general start to slide downhill it just picks up speed. The past few weeks that is the "MODE" I've been in and now with the excessive heat it just sent me careening over the edge.

You know, you fix one thing and then something else goes wrong. You get to a point where you just want to be unconcious. :(

I know everyone has times like this when we are JUST holding on by our fingernails, that's where I am right now. I just want this dark cloud to go away.

SandyC 08-01-2008 11:23 AM

Amen to that Wiix. We're here for you if you need us. let it out or just sit back and we'll just chat. Whatever works to help. :hug:

Jomar 08-01-2008 11:30 AM

Some of us here have car/mechanical experience- we might be able to give some pointers or suggestions to help you deal with mechanics and maybe prevent future car problems.

The Social Chat forum might be the best place to post automotive questions.

I come from a family of mr fix it / mechanics.:)
If I don't have a clue I'd be happy to do some searches for info.
:grouphug:

Wiix 08-01-2008 01:40 PM

Well, he still hasn't showed. I called his phone number the person said I had the wrong number. I think I got taken. So here I sit with no car and no food and HE got his money. :mad: I'm SICK over this right now.

SandyC 08-01-2008 01:47 PM

Wiix, I am not sure who you gave your money to or what happened but if he doesn't show you may want to contact the police and report this.

tamiloo 08-01-2008 02:03 PM

Oh, I wish I was there to help...((((((Wii))))))

Jomar 08-01-2008 04:07 PM

:confused::confused:
You mean a "mechanic" picked up your car from your home and you paid him before he did the work??

And you don't have any number to contact him at?

Did you know this person at all or was he recommended by a friend?

How long has he had your car and how long did he say it would take to fix it?
Did he give you any paperwork??

If you have no idea of how to get a hold of this person maybe you should call the police.

What was it doing that you called a mechanic for?

sorry I get carried away with questions.....

Wiix 08-01-2008 05:14 PM

No, it's alright. He is a mechanic out of work and he lives in my building. I saw him working out front on his mother's car and told him I needed a new brake line, someone else looked at it the day before and told me this. SO he asked how much I would be willing to pay him to do it right here at my home, we agreed on $50. which I thought was fair plus I bought the parts.

Once he fixed that he SAID the gas line just snapped off as he was putting on the brakeline so we had to go get that. One the way he said and I quote "I will fix whatever needs fixing for $100." Well, I didn't anwer, I was kind of stunned by this point. THEN we get back and he fixes that, we bleed the brakes, the car starts up fine THEN the other brake line to the otherside of the car starts gushing brake fluid so here I am back where we started. So we assumed he'd also fix this now. He said he would finish up today, I got that in writing on the receipt when I gave him the cash. NOW this morning he was out front and I DID talk to him he said he was going to get the parts and be back in an hour. THAT was more than 8 hours ago. I called the number he gave me as his cell phone TWICE and both times the same guy answered and said it was the wrong number.

I went to his apartment around 1:30 and left a note on his door saying I NEED this finished NOW.

So here I sit at 5:10 P.M. he hasn't showed nor called and the car is just sitting there.

See I PAID him what we agreed on so I am out of money for now and he said he'd do this TODAY. It's Friday night, garages don't work on weekends, my regular mechanic's phone has been disconnected, I have no idea WHY either. I just saw him two weeks ago at his garage.

See the pickle I'm in here? :o PLUS we are having a heatwave. 95+ degrees out there. :(