NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   How many times do you get po'd about all this? (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/51777-times-pod.html)

Gazelle 08-09-2008 05:12 PM

How many times do you get po'd about all this?

:Soapbox:Today, I am really po'd about all this. :ranting: I don't want my feet to be numb or my left arm to feel weird. I don't want to drag my butt around the house or when I go to walk my dogs. :mf_swordfight: It's pissing me off today. Today I just want to feel normal.

Anyone with me? :Demonstration:

It doesn't happen that often that I get po'd. It's generally an occasional thing. But seriously, today's a :mf_argue: kind of day with the MonSter.

How often does it get you po'd too?

tovaxin_lab_rat 08-09-2008 05:29 PM

A lot more often than I care to admit. As someone said to me recently, for every day you play, you pay. ;):mad:

I live with numb feet daily, two numb fingers on both hands daily, so these things are "my normal." It's when the "other stuff" starts creeping up on me that I know I have over done, and need to take a day off. Friday was my day off. I had to stay in bed and pay for all the other days I spent over doing.

Yeah yeah I know. I chose my line of work and it's probably not the best choice, but I love what I do.

So go ahead, get po'd! yell, scream, whatever...dig through that freezer and maybe you will find some ice cream. Sit in front of the TV, eat ice cream, and do nothing for a while. You will feel better! :p

I have a sign over my desk that someone sent me that says "why suffer in silence, when I can moan, whimper & complain!" :D

Desinie 08-09-2008 05:42 PM

Much too often, Gazelle.

AfterMyNap 08-09-2008 08:52 PM

Just about every day lately. Just getting dressed is like an Olympic event including the suspense, "Will she button the shorts this time?... this time?... this time?..." "Can she get them unbuttoned while they're still dry?..."

Everything from getting out of a chair to making a pot of coffee ticks me off over and over again.

It just makes me more determined to cut my own meat (I do have my own set of chisels).

MSacorn 08-09-2008 09:06 PM

I resemble that remark.

It's not healthy to keep the bad stuff crammed in the brain.

RANT ON!

:hug:'s

lady_express_44 08-09-2008 09:17 PM

"How many times do you get po'd about all this?"

Not so much any more. I think not having to go to work has made considerable difference to my tolerance for this disease though.

It only REALLY gets to me when I am paralyzed, screaming with pain & electric shocks, with all over body burning, for weeks/months at a time. Then I am good and ready to pull the plug. :mad:

Otherwise, I am usually just thankful today is not like that.

You do mostly get used to it, crazy as that sounds . . . so long as you still have some semi-decent days anyway.

Cherie

Kitty 08-10-2008 12:43 AM

I think the thing I miss most is being able to be spontaneous. Just being able to get up and go without having to think about all the possible scenarios. Will there be a bathroom? Will I have to walk alot? What if I don't take a nap...will I be able to keep up with everyone else? Will there be stairs? What about crowds....I can't do crowds anymore. Is it too hot? Will I have to eat while I'm there? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sometimes it just gets to be too much. And it's just easier to stay home. :(

CayoKay 08-10-2008 01:07 AM

exactly, Kelly !

and YES, Gazelle !

Kitty 08-10-2008 07:28 AM

After re-reading my post I would like to add this. Although I do get irritated that I have to consider all the possible things that could derail an outing I'm very grateful that, for the most part, if I do decide to venture out I can. It might not be as easy as it once was but it's a far cry from not being able to at all. So.....while I might get peeved at having to do a lot of advance planning at least I still have the option. And for that I am grateful. :)

Niko 08-10-2008 08:26 AM

Ya, I get ticked off as well. I used to be able to get into a car and drive somewhere (by myself) and not have to worry about the time it would take to get there, to remember the stuff I wanted to do, and not get tired (fatigued) with it all.

I know I've had to make life adjustments to it all. I'm happy knowing that I have the ability to make the adjustments on my own.

Niko