NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Restrooms, do you hoover, or plop on down? (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/52138-restrooms-hoover-plop.html)

Dejibo 08-14-2008 06:29 PM

Restrooms, do you hoover, or plop on down?

have seen some sillyness here, and from a post in another forum, i got to thinking.

Do you hover over the toilet seat in public places or do you take a look, make sure its pretty clean and plop on down?

me? I hover! not gonna put my sweet cheeks there! :eek:

I want to know who is the one peeing all over the seat. you know what I mean? that one that comes in and must have had to pee so badly that she sprays it everywhere! whats that all about?

dmplaura 08-14-2008 06:40 PM

If it's clean, I sit. If it's unclean, I even refuse to hover, I find another stall or a clean washroom!

AfterMyNap 08-14-2008 06:43 PM

I can't hover over anything anymore, my skills are very limited in that department.

Strategy 1, know your bathrooms, where they are and note the clientele with whom you're sharing them.

Strategy 2, enter the bathroom screaming that you're handicapped and that "your" toilet better be vacant and clean by the time you get there.

Strategy 3, whine and pretend to cry saying that the ONLY toilet you can use is just filthy and you don't know what to do. There's a "mom" in every restroom just waiting to be called to duty.

Strategy 4, go to the employees and make so much racket that they quickly shuffle you into their inner-sanctum bathrooms.

Strategy 5, last resort: Use about 8 lbs. of their t.p. to clean it off as best you can, throw it all on the floor, do the deed and retreat to home for a shower and complete change of clothes.

Nothin' to it. ;)

Blessings2You 08-14-2008 06:51 PM

Trying to hover over a toilet would earn me at best wet socks; at worst, a humiliated holler for help (and perhaps an EMT).

Be prepared. Know where the clean ones are, and carry a wet wipe (or alcohol swab) in case the person before you was raised in a barn.

Sometimes the options are sit where you'd rather not or wet your pants. When nature calls, there ain't no call waiting.

Dejibo 08-14-2008 06:52 PM

omg you have me guffawing!

there is a mom in every crowd! priceless! where do you come up with these?

ok, now I peed my pants. must go hoover over my toilet. :eek:

Curious 08-14-2008 07:13 PM

da monkey is part camel. public restrooms disgust me. i will hold it for hours and hours.

in an emergancy...i cover the seat with tp and hover. i bring wipes and hand sanitizer. no way will i touch the door handle. *gag*

the only time i have ever wished i was a man. :eek:

Kitty 08-14-2008 07:21 PM

I try my hardest to avoid public restrooms. But, sometimes there's no other choice.

I wish they all had the toilet seat covers but not to many do. If I find one that does I use about ten of them to make sure I don't have to come into contact with the seat.

My Mom used to make her own when we were kids. Folder a piece of newspaper and then cut a hole in it somehow....all I know is I wound up with newsprint on my butt!

lady_express_44 08-14-2008 07:37 PM

I used to be way more of a freak about this, but after I had kids and realized they have to sit no matter where they are, so I can too.

I do carry a purse-pak of baby wipes though. :D

Cherie

SallyC 08-14-2008 07:37 PM

When I first saw Hoover, I thought you meant to vacuum it before you sat down..:D:D

I voted for hoover, because that's what I always did in public restrooms, but realized can't do that anymore. So, I would put mounds of TP on toity and then plop down..and I do mean plop down..:D

Twinkletoes 08-14-2008 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herekitty1960 (Post 346880)
I try my hardest to avoid public restrooms. But, sometimes there's no other choice.

I wish they all had the toilet seat covers but not to many do. If I find one that does I use about ten of them to make sure I don't have to come into contact with the seat.

My Mom used to make her own when we were kids. Folder a piece of newspaper and then cut a hole in it somehow....all I know is I wound up with newsprint on my butt!

What I wanna know is, how did you know the newsprint ended up on your backside? I mean, you double-jointed or got eyes in the back of yer haid? ;)

I'm a setter for the most part. At least that's the room I go in at the veterinarian's. Haven't gone in with the pointers yet.