NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Food Court (https://www.neurotalk.org/food-court/)
-   -   What did you cook for supper tonight? (https://www.neurotalk.org/food-court/52161-cook-supper-tonight.html)

FaithS 08-15-2008 12:09 AM

What did you cook for supper tonight?

• Pork chops, w/ mushroom soup on top
  • Rice. I mixed 1/2 brown rice w/ 1/2 white rice. DD doesn't like brown rice, but she doesn't complain when I mix them, so I don't know if she just doesn't notice. ?? I added carrots to the rice. The brown rice and carrots added some fiber.
  • Fresh apricots.

Koala77 08-15-2008 12:35 AM

How about adding this one to FG's Recipe Book at The Stumble Inn?

It certainly falls within the essential categories....easy and yummy! :)

FaithS 08-17-2008 01:01 AM

Didn't cook. Was invited to nephew's 17th bday party at the lake. BIL/SIL grilled burgers and hot dogs; had potato salad, chips, pickles (see recipe http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/sh...40575#poststop) , watermelon.

Watched Olympics on small B/W TV, around the fire, and ate smores.

Mmmm good.

What did you cook today?

~ Faith

soxmom 08-17-2008 09:57 AM

Im making a lasagna today. fresh tomato and mozzerella salad with a
balsamic vinagrette. hopefully some homemade french bread(If I have it in
me:o). homemade oatmeal raisin cookies for dessert(made yesterday).

Make the pickle recipe everyone....delish.:)

jmiller 08-17-2008 10:04 AM

no cooking today, still on vacation. Going to my fav place in Long Island to get lobster claws, clams and seafood salad, and hang out at beach.

jmiller 08-17-2008 03:36 PM

well that was a modest lunch, 92.65 lol. we had clams on the half shell, lobster rolls, lobster bisque, fish, shrimp cocktail and fried scallops. emem good.

Twinkletoes 08-17-2008 05:35 PM

Oooh, yum everyone!

I got home from church just after noon and was all set to take a nice long Sunday afternoon nap.

Then the doorbell rang. Dad and his girlfriend stopped by and he asked when I was fixing lunch and could they come? Well, of course (I feed him every Sunday).

Good thing I bought so much chicken! I asked the butcher for 8 "lobes" (yep, that's what they call'em!), but I hadn't realized those chickens were so blessed! They were like size DDD's!!! :eek:

So I made lots of parmesan chicken and fettucini alfredo. We had juicy, sweet canteloupe and green salad with fresh-picked garden tomatoes.

I ended up feeding 7 people, cuz the girlfriend was visiting with her daughter, and her daughter, SIL and grandson. Plus Dad and I. (DH went camping with our grandson.)

The guests brought some strawberries, so that was our dessert.

Ahhhh, now I can relax. Well, after I load the dishwasher. ;)

Kitty 08-17-2008 06:03 PM

Yum, Twink! Wish I could put together a dinner like that on the spur of the moment!

We had pork chops on the grill - they were so juicy and tender. We roasted some ears of corn, had some fresh green beans and I made some yellow rice. It was very good and I am very full now.

Enough leftovers for tomorrow night's supper. Now I don't have to cook! :D

Tootsie 08-26-2008 02:27 PM

Supper is a couple of hours away here. I start to dread it mid-day as I do not like to cook. Left on my own I likely would just nibble.

DH loves his meals though.

So last night I had steak (rubbed with Durkee's rub) and a baked potato. We had corn also and I made salad.

Tonight I think it's just going to be Mac and Cheese with ham. Maybe some applesauce on the side and I suppose sliced tomatoes from our garden. Got to think of some sort of veggie. Either I'll put peas in the Mac and Cheese or fix beans.

I've been cooking meals for my DH and family for amost 42 yrs. So I'm pretty burnt out on it.

Tootsie:cool:

JD 08-26-2008 02:34 PM

Cook? Surely you jest? :)
I make....reservations!? My best offering here is a blended nutrition smoothie. The next is movie theater popcorn and pizza. Hmmm. Does PB&J count? lol