NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   New Member Introductions (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/)
-   -   TBI/PCS for comment (https://www.neurotalk.org/new-member-introductions/52268-tbi-pcs-comment.html)

vini 08-16-2008 10:39 AM

TBI/PCS for comment

hi all

these are my symptoms for comment not sympathy, for me to know more about whats happening to me is a great help, I have found this forum a good source of info and support, I am only 7 months post damaged I know some of these symptoms maybe permanent but hope they will improve with time

I have a daily headache gets worse I have to lay down which helps
neck pain/ strange numb feeling behind the back of my throat/ salty taste back of my throat
a faint hissing sound there all the time, sometimes a loud ooowing sound in my ears

hand tremors, trouble with my right leg weakness if I sit for some time
feel disconnected
/ pain on concentration lack of/ forget what I am talking about or doing / find tv remotes in refrigerator, that kind of thing
stabbing pains in my temples right eye and fracture/ pate sites
feel sick for no reason especially when driving cant park the car strait/ balance problems
irritable /loose the plot
lack of confidence / going out on my own/ feeling isolated/ depressed
having to use my spell checker more than I used to LOL
hope this helps some one who is going through this to understand this condition, I also have a numb right side of my face due to nerve damage and vision problems
but have not lost my sense of humor
kind regards Vini

tamiloo 08-16-2008 12:34 PM

Just wanted to give you a big:welcome_sign: and tell you not to worry about sepll check...we all do it.

I'm probably asking you something you have already done...have you seen a doc...possible a Neuro for you symptoms??

Glide around the board and check out the huge variety of forums...glad you haven't lost your since of humor...:D:hug:

vini 08-17-2008 03:27 AM

thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by tamiloo (Post 348055)
Just wanted to give you a big:welcome_sign: and tell you not to worry about sepll check...we all do it.

I'm probably asking you something you have already done...have you seen a doc...possible a Neuro for you symptoms??

Glide around the board and check out the huge variety of forums...glad you haven't lost your since of humor...:D:hug:

thanks tamiloo I have my first appointment with neuro on the 18th september I had a pre op CSF leak coming out of my nose I think it may still be leaking hence the salty taste , with 30 years in the fire sprinkler industry I know a bit about fluid ,pressure and leaks I feel some of my symptoms may be due to low CSF pressure , neuro can test for this I will post my progress I have been to the U.S.A many times my folks are snow birds and have a place in Florida also many relatives there beautiful country beautiful people

vini :winky: