NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Headache (https://www.neurotalk.org/headache/)
-   -   TBI/PCS symptoms for comment (https://www.neurotalk.org/headache/52270-tbi-pcs-symptoms-comment.html)

vini 08-16-2008 10:48 AM

TBI/PCS symptoms for comment

hi all

these are my symptoms for comment not sympathy, for me to know more about whats happening to me is a great help, I have found this forum a good source of info and support, I am only 7 months post damaged I know some of these symptoms maybe permanent but hope they will improve with time

I have a daily headache gets worse I have to lay down which helps
neck pain/ strange numb feeling behind the back of my throat/ salty taste back of my throat
a faint hissing sound there all the time, sometimes a loud ooowing sound in my ears

hand tremors, trouble with my right leg weakness if I sit for some time
feel disconnected
/ pain on concentration lack of/ forget what I am talking about or doing / find tv remotes in refrigerator, that kind of thing
stabbing pains in my temples right eye and fracture/ pate sites
feel sick for no reason especially when driving cant park the car strait/ balance problems
irritable /loose the plot
lack of confidence / going out on my own/ feeling isolated/ depressed
having to use my spell checker more than I used to LOL
hope this helps some one who is going through this to understand this condition, I also have a numb right side of my face due to nerve damage and vision problems
but have not lost my sense of humor
kind regards Vini

Pyrexely 08-20-2008 02:30 PM

Hey,

Do you have any history of migraines in the family?
That's how it all started with me...
I didnt have as many symptoms as you..
but finally I was diagnosed with acute migraines and now I take Topamax for it...
Check your family history if you already haven't..
Hope I can help you with that! :hug:

Olivia
Quote:

Originally Posted by vini (Post 347988)
hi all

these are my symptoms for comment not sympathy, for me to know more about whats happening to me is a great help, I have found this forum a good source of info and support, I am only 7 months post damaged I know some of these symptoms maybe permanent but hope they will improve with time

I have a daily headache gets worse I have to lay down which helps
neck pain/ strange numb feeling behind the back of my throat/ salty taste back of my throat
a faint hissing sound there all the time, sometimes a loud ooowing sound in my ears

hand tremors, trouble with my right leg weakness if I sit for some time
feel disconnected
/ pain on concentration lack of/ forget what I am talking about or doing / find tv remotes in refrigerator, that kind of thing
stabbing pains in my temples right eye and fracture/ pate sites
feel sick for no reason especially when driving cant park the car strait/ balance problems
irritable /loose the plot
lack of confidence / going out on my own/ feeling isolated/ depressed
having to use my spell checker more than I used to LOL
hope this helps some one who is going through this to understand this condition, I also have a numb right side of my face due to nerve damage and vision problems
but have not lost my sense of humor
kind regards Vini

vini 08-21-2008 05:30 AM

thanks olivia

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyrexely (Post 351139)
Hey,

Do you have any history of migraines in the family?
That's how it all started with me...
I didnt have as many symptoms as you..
but finally I was diagnosed with acute migraines and now I take Topamax for it...
Check your family history if you already haven't..
Hope I can help you with that! :hug:

Olivia

thanks olivia

I had a spate of migraines in adolescence and perhaps 0ne bad one every 18 months or so since but this is different I had multiple skull fractures and a csf leak i think some of my symptoms are due to low csf pressure seeing neuro next month I will see if they prescribe the same meds to me I am glad that it has improved your head aches thanks for your input
kind regards Vini :hug: